X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

"The Strain"

I loved the season premiere tonight! "The Feelers" -- blind kids now turned into vampires?!?!?! Now that is just messed up! That entire cast is just fantastic! I bet Michonne and Daryl from TWD would have a field day!

"If at first you don't succeed, hey, maybe failure is your thing!"

-- anonymous
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I stopped watching after about 8 eps. I can't help it, I just don't feel a connection to the characters, and don't really like the "sucker-tongue" vampires Del Toro seems to favor.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

I watched a few episodes and just couldn't get into it. I couldn't really tell if it was the pacing or the characters. Perhaps it was both.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

I enjoy the show, but the acting is pretty darn awful. I think the big bad guy is creepy as all get out.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

My friend does the makeup for this, he sculpted the Master's coffin as well.

We watch it although we missed the premiere due to seeing "Ant-Man" which also stars Corey Stoll oddly enough. I find it like a vampire version of "V", where they built this cast of resistance fighters and made their stories slowly intertwine.

Season one took a while to get going, the highlight for me, being the episode where they were trapped in the gas station. Some creepy moments though and the added fun of seeing Toronto landmarks being passed off as NYC.

I've been told Season 3 begins filming in the fall.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• great_chandel
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2, 2015

I had not read that the show had been renewed for next year? If your information is accurate, that is great! Again, I am a huge fan of the show! The vampire makeup is simply terrific. Richard Sammel is a phenomenal actor in the show.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by great_chandel
              I had not read that the show had been renewed for next year? If your information is accurate, that is great! Again, I am a huge fan of the show! The vampire makeup is simply terrific. Richard Sammel is a phenomenal actor in the show.
              Oop, I hope I didn't speak out of turn. I could be wrong as my friend would also be the first guy to prep such things so it could just be planning right now.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                Career Member
                • May 14, 2007

Last week's episode really turned the tide for me. I hope Angel the limping busboy and ex-luchador sticks around for a while.
                Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2013

I watched the second season premier last weekend. It was freaking awesome. I jumped a couple of times, and I love that. It was cool to see WWE' The Kurgan/ Robert Maillet as the Master.
                  Known for: Sherlock Holmes, Pacific Rim, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎