X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
    I'm just not feeling it...it's just so bleak and depressing feeling. Wonder Woman looks really dark too...I can't distance myself from Lynda Carter's portrayal. She was just so perfect. I liked the maternal warmth she brought to the role...she was tough when she needed to be, yet soft.
    Lex Luthor is just all kinds of wrong. Some long-haired punk kid?
    THIS...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      I was wondering that myself, maybe they are some sort of fanatical cult. I doubt its a Superman sanctioned army. Be cool if Bats brought the SOB's with him to take them out.
      I think that's it. He's saved so many civilians and military, they feel honored bound to him. It's the shot where he lands in the "subterrain" area and they all kneel.

Unless, they're Kryptonian Cyborgs created by the Fortress...

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

THAT was sweet. From what I see, we have a strong story here. This wiped away the issues I had early with the other trailer and marketing photos. Looks like a winner!
        Last edited by MIB41; Jul 11, '15, 6:37 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

More I watch it, the more I see how easy Bale could have transitioned to this film. The timeline has a natural setup to follow TDKR. Gordon-Levitt's Nightwing/Red Robin killed by Joker, forced Wayne to brielfy come back, then "retire" again for several years until Superman arrives. It really fits the TDK escalation theme.

Bale has expressed regrets about not signing a first refusal after TDKR. I think he never expected them to move on so quickly without him and Nolan.

If Bale was Batman in BvS, biggest movie ever.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
            If Bale was Batman in BvS, biggest movie ever.
            I wholeheartedly agree.

Comment

• supes
              For the love of Mego's!
              • Jan 19, 2004

I may be in the minority but am so thankful Christian Bale is not playing batman. Couldn't stand him.

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• supes
                For the love of Mego's!
                • Jan 19, 2004

Trailer looks freaking awesome!!!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

bats v supes full panel sdcc

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Looks interesting. Some striking visuals in there which really make me want to see the movie. The overall theme of this film and what the crux of the story seems to be is actually quite compelling. There's still some stuff that bugs me, but I'll certainly be buying a ticket for this one.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

Goosebumps all over.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                        Agreed.

At this point...I don't care if Supes gets his arse handed to him...this movie has energized me...as the last Avengers flick was so-so to me...I guess I'm getting sick of Robert Downey Jr and his smirky self.

I have a feeling that Bats and Wonder Woman will be teaming up against Supes (don't know what roles Aquaman and Flash will have)...but the man of steel will prove what a true superhero he is, when he takes on Doomsday...then everybody will calm down...and accept Supes...thus forming the Justice League.

At least that's why I'm hoping...

AGREED!! So pumped for this movie! And Christian Bale who??
                        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

The TDK movies were all about Bale performances carrying the story forward. The structure of TDK was built around him. BvS is not built around Affleck. It's an ensemble.

It's Affleck, not Bruce Wayne, as Batman in every shot. There's no way around that for him. He's too celebrity, same problem Clooney had.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Well...that was better than the crappy teaser they put up a while back. It sure as hell has my attention....and I am not a fan of either character.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                              Made in the USA
                              • May 2, 2003

It may draw the money they want worldwide, but for me:

- First & Foremost...Story appears to be too Dark...I don't feel any 'Hope'...and that is the underlying power of Comic Book Super Heroes...All I feel after watching that is Despair & Misery...Just like 'Man of Steel' & 'DK'
                              - Story may plausibly work to force the 2 main characters to 'fight', but it feels like any comic book that tried to do that...Forced...and...WHY?...If the 'good' characters are somewhat intelligent can't they come to the same conclusion without beating the snot out of each other? Makes the Characters appear to be stupid...
                              - Can't get over how Wonder Woman is cast...She needs to look like a Tall, Powerful, MUSCULAR, Amazon...I'm not getting that from the Trailer Scenes or any of her pics
                              - Even though the Dark Tone of the Movie may suit the Batman Character...He's too Old...It makes the Movie feel out-of-sync when you compare Batman to Superman or Wonder Woman who look ALOT younger.

I may watch this in the Movie Theater if there is no other competing Movies (cause it's expensive to take 3-8 people to the Movies), but if there is...it's the First on the Chopping Block for me...I'll wait for cheap DVD's or OnDemand Specials.

I know it's too early to make judgments like this, but that is the way i feel right now with what has been released.
                              Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^Batman's supposed to be older, and it looks like retired as well. May even loosely be continuing from the Nolan movies. Wayne Manor is a burned out shell like in Kingdom Come, and looks like the Joker has been in there goofing around.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎