X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
    My guess is Lex got access to Zod's body from the DOD. It would streamline why he and Holly Hunter's Congressman are instantly aligned.

One rumor is Doomsday's created from the remains, but I like the early idea that Lex retcons Zod's beacon signal and draws Brainiac as proxy to Darkseid.

I can't imagine what Darkseid is going to look like in this. Fiege can stay light as long as Marvel's pulling in their current hauls, but if they keep up with the goofy Ultron, smart-alec vibe, they're going to be labeled as a Disney product.
    Agreed. Disney is homogenizing the MCU a little too much, making it all "family oriented." I don't know that we would have actually gotten the first IRON MAN as it was under Disney's regime, as there were parts of it that, while not bleak, were pretty dark. And, after finally seeing AGE OF ULTRON, I have to say that, if DC/WB can pull off an even close version of Darkseid, the MCU could be in some serious jeopardy and Ultron was not menacing in the least, more like just a big toy...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

Honestly it looks much better than I thought it would. Will definitely have to check it out!

Comment

• RickD
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 31, 2011

I can't wait for this movie!! this trailer is exactly what I was hoping for. Wonder Woman looks fantastic and the bad *ss she should be

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by RickD
                I can't wait for this movie!! this trailer is exactly what I was hoping for. Wonder Woman looks fantastic and the bad *ss she should be
                I'm already in love with her, lol.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                  Even though Supes is my guy...that's a great scene...armored Bats really lands hard on the man of steel.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

This movie has to pull out all the stops to set up the franchise and it looks like it does from that trailer. The fanboy fight of the century will put a lot of arses in the seats.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                      There's a lot in there.

I guess they put Metropolis/Gotham next to each other, ala Oakland/Frisco. Snyder said that was his homage to Hector...

I presume it makes sense if you consider Batman "retired" for several years, but I cannot think of a moment in civilization where the two major metropolitan co-existed within a few miles. They eventually merge into one mega-city, short circuit into two average ones, or become completely unbalanced. I guess this explains the extensive Detroit shooting; Gotham is going to be on the verge of Arkham City.

As I've said from the start, Injustice and Arkham Games are the biggest thematic influence on this flick. There are fight scenes that look like game mo-cap, which is going to have an 15-40 male demo appeal of epic proportions.

I think this also explains why we're hearing about so much buildup in Civil War. The big two "share" enough production material through VFX companies and agents that they know what the other is developing, so Fiege must have gotten a heads up last summer and realized a Cap3 would get trounced.
                      Frisco is Metropolis, Oakland is Gotham, lol.

I read that Bruce Wayne owns multiple buildings...so the one destroyed in Metropolis was his second building. Obviously his number one is still standing in Gotham.

I have a feeling Wonder Woman will help Batman fight Supes...since their alter egos seemed to be an item of sorts.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        This movie has to pull out all the stops to set up the franchise and it looks like it does from that trailer. The fanboy fight of the century will put a lot of arses in the seats.
                        Agreed.

At this point...I don't care if Supes gets his arse handed to him...this movie has energized me...as the last Avengers flick was so-so to me...I guess I'm getting sick of Robert Downey Jr and his smirky self.

I have a feeling that Bats and Wonder Woman will be teaming up against Supes (don't know what roles Aquaman and Flash will have)...but the man of steel will prove what a true superhero he is, when he takes on Doomsday...then everybody will calm down...and accept Supes...thus forming the Justice League.

At least that's why I'm hoping...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
                          Wow, those soldiers are all wearing Supes' S insignias.

Superman working for the government?

Just like in Miller's Dark Knight...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Luthor will be a baldie in this movie, that's what Jesse Einsenberg said.
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                              Wow, those soldiers are all wearing Supes' S insignias.

Superman working for the government?

Just like in Miller's Dark Knight...
                              I was wondering that myself, maybe they are some sort of fanatical cult. I doubt its a Superman sanctioned army. Be cool if Bats brought the SOB's with him to take them out.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

could this be a bizzaro clone of supes created by lex ,like the dc cartoon version of the death of superman doomsday thing
                                Last edited by libby 1957dog; Jul 11, '15, 5:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎