Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I have no problem getting this.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Spider-Man 2099 was really prominent in the Superior Spider-Man story line. How they can do three characters, I don't know. And I have no desire for secret ID Spidey 2099.

And Punisher? What's his secret ID, a regular head and some regular clothes? LOL!

Can't say any of those three interest me much, but I admit, the Deadpool looks decent. Spidey 2099 intrigues me.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Not really a fan of Deadpool, but that figure set looks pretty awesome. Not so sure about Punisher. I would probably drop coin on any Megoized version of Spidey, tho.

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

I also sent DST loose versions of each figure, but I don't see pictures of them, so I guess they never made it out of the box.

We will make the figures that Diamond Select Toys tells us to make. We have given them our wish list - but the final decision
          is up to them.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
            LOVE Spiderman 2099! I buy him in heart beat!!
            Me too - I just bought a kit to make a custom from Ed & Austin. I know I'm not the right demographic but I have been a big fan since the 2099 universe kicked off.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I also like Spider-man 2099, so I'll get that one.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

The Deadpool figure in the box( and the extra head, and suits) look really good in these pics. Now I'm going to end up buying one and I also like The Punisher too
                Who is the fourth charector after Spidey 2099 not shown on the other side of box ?

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  I have been a big fan since the 2099 universe kicked off.
                  Me too...I bought all of the original run and now I'm buying the new ones as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Since Deadpool doesn't really wear anything outside of his red & black togs, getting a variant grey outfit and his unmasked head as his secret ID set makes sense. Also, since this will likely be available around the same time as the new film comes out, it's a no-brainer DST would fast track this one.

Punisher's a nice surprise - I'm guessing for his secret ID outfit he'll get Marine fatigues, maybe even a camo painted face (green skull face camo! PLEASE!). Holding out hope for the modern Mego version that the head sculpt has some 5 o'clock shadow, because GRIM and GRITTY. Maybe a black trenchcoat, too?

Spider-Man 2099 is another cool surprise - we'll get a retro Mego version, obviously, and a Miguel O'Hara secret ID version (fangs and red eyes?), but I have no idea what the updated Mego version will look like. He is supposed to get a new outfit after Secret Wars, so maybe...?
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

I admit i know very little about deadpool ,but i think its cool looking ,ill get one,Punisher would be a cool one ,ill get that ,in fact this one
                      might come off as one of their best ,Ill also get Spiderman 2099 ,would prefer The black outfit spidey ,but they will get to it .How did Deadpool,get
                      in line before Daredevil ??,Every kid i knew back in the 70s wanted this guy ,I thought daredevil was a no brainer ,and mego would
                      do him ,and 40 years later Deadpool,Punisher and another spidey cut in line,oh well perhaps it will be 42 years wait .Every kid i knew back
                      then who had these mego superheros including me had to make a Daredevil with a shazam suit and a poor red mask on another figure to
                      be daredevil ,never looked right .

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

I like the gun gripper hands... they seem so familiar...

Dave
                        Last edited by David Lee; Jul 12, '15, 7:45 AM.

Comment

• melkorjunior
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 20, 2014

Deadpool...a waste of a selection. If EMCE wanted to make a re-Mego that never had a classic version they should have gone with a character like Daredevil. A character that actually existed at the time Mego was making action figures.

Oh well...another EMCE skip for me.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

probably pass on this one too...the modern update looks the best of the 3,but still don't care that much

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by melkorjunior
                              Deadpool...a waste of a selection. If EMCE wanted to make a re-Mego that never had a classic version they should have gone with a character like Daredevil. A character that actually existed at the time Mego was making action figures.

Oh well...another EMCE skip for me.
                              You missed the part where EMCE makes what they're told to make by Diamond.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

Diamond wants Deadpool for his 2016 movie, but Daredevil has a Netflix TV series now with characters like Punisher and Elektra appearing on it!

Punisher is on Deadpool's retro box. Diamond must believe any version of Spider-Man like 2099 will sell.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎