X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by megowgsh
    I am actually most excited about this set.

This is a figure I would have never, ever made a custom of and these look incredible.

Can't wait to put these in my collection!
    I can't wait either. I'd love to have a detailed Deadpool figure in my collection. He is my son's favorite character.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Very excited about this set... particularly since it's about hooking in a new audience. At conventions, kids in particular seem to love Deadpool.

Also, Andy/Crimson Ghosts head sculpts for this set are absolutely killer.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Kids-bah!! New--double-bah!!

I'm JJJ for some reason today.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by fallensaviour
          I'm pretty sure that they aren't catering to you,Lonnie....LOL
          I figured with my Mego tattoo and all my Marvel tattoos, I was who they were catering to. If kids are their targeted audience for this line, it will fail. Kids don't really know what this format is unless they have a parent into them. And where do these kids get so much money for a doll and some clothes? I'm not seeing the logic here.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Deadpool is the new character that Mego didn't make, so there should be three more that Mego made coming out, too.

Quoted from member EMCE...
            "Yes, there are only a handful of characters that justify this treatment. For this year, I believe we're talking about Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor and Wolverine. Wolverine will be fun because we get to imagine how he would have been Mego-ized in the 70s to begin with. Our model for next year will be 3 characters Mego did and 1 they didn't."

Iron Man should be one of them. Who else do you think is getting made?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Falcon would be a shoe in, bit part in Ant-Man and a big role in Cap: Civil War.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
                Customego HoF Curator
                • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
                He is my son's favorite character.
                Mine too.
                Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Well, from what I can see in those bad pictures...he looks great! I don't see a mask for the black & gray version, I hope there is one...because I don't like the hamburger face.
                  sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Falcon would be a shoe in, bit part in Ant-Man and a big role in Cap: Civil War.
                    Ant Man himself actually would've been a better choice for someone Mego never made; he's relevant with a movie out next week, and he's someone they could have easily made back in the Mego days.

More modern characters may appeal to the younger crowd, but the kids several people have mentioned aren't going to shell out 80+ bucks for a retro style Mego figure. I have nothing against 'Pool, mind you; he's a funny character horribly mishandled in the Wolvie movie. And I'm sure he'll make a good figure. But he's not really the best choice for this format, and his inclusion makes me think Diamond is trying to generate interest with the flavor of the month because sales aren't great.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      Our model for next year will be 3 characters Mego did and 1 they didn't." Who else do you think is getting made?
                      I'm PRAYING for the Green Goblin!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                        I'm PRAYING for the Green Goblin!!
                        That's who I want the most!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
                          Ant Man himself actually would've been a better choice for someone Mego never made; he's relevant with a movie out next week, and he's someone they could have easily made back in the Mego days.

More modern characters may appeal to the younger crowd, but the kids several people have mentioned aren't going to shell out 80+ bucks for a retro style Mego figure. I have nothing against 'Pool, mind you; he's a funny character horribly mishandled in the Wolvie movie. And I'm sure he'll make a good figure. But he's not really the best choice for this format, and his inclusion makes me think Diamond is trying to generate interest with the flavor of the month because sales aren't great.
                          I was just trying to assume with Lonnie that Deadpool was the new never done set and then go with the other 3 retreads. Falcon and Iron Man seem to make sense. Hulk would require some re-engineering of the body to make the modern style work, and if Banner were to be the third character in the Hulk set it'd require another body. Green Goblin would be easy to shoehorn into the format, Mego, Osborne and a modern redo of the classic.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

Looks pretty sweet, from what I can see. I'll probably pick up a set for the completest in me as well as that arsenal of weaponry he's got!

Very curious what the classic Mego version looks like, as I can't see it in the pics. Also, put me down for some villains in the next year, especially Green Goblin - that's a figure that would look amazing as a modern version!
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• osker55
                              Booyaaa
                              • Aug 8, 2011

What is the set called?
                              Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                              AHI wolfman moc
                              Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                              Kresge moc WGSH
                              Other stuff to update

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

Deadpool is a 1990's charector with 90's look and won't sell to kids at 80.00 ea.. They put him next because of the movie. These are for collectors
                                and kids see these as dolls unless their parents collect them. I have no use for him since he's a modern fanboy pic . I tried to give my nephews a couple
                                Hasbro 9" Marvel signature figures a few years ago and they thanked me but said they don't play with dolls and wanted to exchange them for WWE action figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎