Deadpool

Deadpool!

• "Mego" style Deadpool figure
    • Collector mini-magazine
    • Weapons
    • Deluxe costume options and accessories
    • "Wade Wilson" head & costume

Images from http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=24976

Hopefully a better shots of the Deadpool will show up online so we can see what is in the retro box.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pmwasson; Jul 9, '15, 9:10 PM. Reason: Updated "terrible" pictures
    sigpic LaserMego
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

These photos are terrible. My man on the ground has like 20 interviews slated for today but hopefully he can snap some better pics for the Museum.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

this is the figure that will pump some new life into this line, if its done flawlessly. Deadpool is a huge character for Marvel and a movie coming next year to boot.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I think Deadpool is too new a character to make. I want older characters, not stuff from the 1990's.

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

This is great news.

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Fact is.. there will never be new life in the Mego format really,at least not among the younger generations. The market is almost entirely nostalgic guys our age trying to recapture some of what we had as kids. If your market is kids, 50 versions of Batman/Spiderman will work.. not so much for older guys like us. When your market is the Mego era fanbase, you are better off giving them what they want... 70s era Mego figures that were not made in the 70s and to some degree refabricated versions of the figures we all had back then. Most kids today don't care for the format, and most older guys don't care about newer characters.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I don't think I've even ever read a Deadpool comic, and hated him in the Wolverine movie. His upcoming movie might be awesome, but that probably wouldn't make me want one of these expensive sets of him. I don't like the newer stuff made in the Mego style. My opinion doesn't matter, though.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

I can't read the card, is it $80 and Coming Soon meaning Deadpool could arrive before Thor?

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Ghost Rider or bust!

Comment

• megowgsh
                      Customego HoF Curator
                      • Nov 19, 2003

I am actually most excited about this set.

This is a figure I would have never, ever made a custom of and these look incredible.

Can't wait to put these in my collection!
                      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I don't think I've even ever read a Deadpool comic, and hated him in the Wolverine movie. His upcoming movie might be awesome, but that probably wouldn't make me want one of these expensive sets of him. I don't like the newer stuff made in the Mego style. My opinion doesn't matter, though.
                        I'm pretty sure that they aren't catering to you,Lonnie....LOL
                        I disagree with you I think this is what they need.
                        I'm not a deadpool fan per say however my oldest daughter and son are.
                        So by that reasoning they loose one old timer and gain two new ones.
                        Mind you I don't think they want to alienate any collectors but they definitely need newer/fresher characters if they hope to continue.
                        Which I'm sure is why they have done newer and older costumes together.
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• osker55
                          Booyaaa
                          • Aug 8, 2011

No way I love deadpool he funny and kicks booty lol
                          Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                          AHI wolfman moc
                          Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                          Kresge moc WGSH
                          Other stuff to update

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

I'm very disappointed in this character selection---this is an easy pass for me. Like Lonnie, I've never read a Deadpool comic, or even seen him in any comic I have read. Bottom line for me: I have no nostalgic connection to this character, so it doesn't matter how well the figure is executed. He just doesn't fit in my collection. And at the current price point, there is no chance of an impulse buy either.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Nice figure, but Deadpool before Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Dr. Octopus, or Loki? Bah!
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎