X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

SDCC 2015: Mezco One:12 Super-Heroes

Over at TNI, they are show floor samples of Mezco's newest One:12 figures -- The Flash, Superman and Space Ghost with Blip.

Interesting. Superman is really thick, but definitely not a Dark Knight companion.

The Flash appears to be based on his is New 52 look.

And Space Ghost. I wonder how that will affect the Figures Toy Space Ghost, at least in sales.

Interesting looking, but still nothing to draw me into the line.
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Superman is way too thick,( his legs and torso look weird) and Flash is better but he also looks like he's on steroids. Some people will like these but not for me

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, Frankenstein and Space Ghost are the best of the bunch.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I find these discussions work best with a link to photos. This looks like another step in the direction NECA started. Great ideas but distinctive enough to be different from the FTC Mego style.

The Mezco One:12 Collective line gets a major boost with the addition of some new figures. On display were many of the figures we've already seen such as Batman, Judge Dredd, and Mutant Leader. But there were a few great surprises: Judge Dredd NYCC Exclusive Superman The Flash Space Ghost Frankenstein's Monster
        Last edited by MIB41; Jul 10, '15, 8:44 AM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

I wasn't going to collect this line as I'm a superhero fan and so far the only superhero they had was Batman but in the DK Frank Miller look (i.e. short, chubby, old face, etc.). Now I'm seeing these cool superheroes and I'm totally into the game!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

I have the Black Frank Miller Batman and have the limited edition Dark Knight Returns delux set on Pre order... They are 6 inch figures but are nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!! This in essence are 6 inch Hot Toys that aren't as dainty to the touch... Most of the frank miller Batman line is sold out and selling anywhere from $25 to $125 over retail... Defenitly in for Superman and Flash maybe the whole set.
            And although they are 1000x better quality than the FTC stuff these will in no way affect the sales... The FTC Space ghost will be at $25 while the 1:12 stuff sells for $70
            Last edited by Bronxboykev; Jul 11, '15, 7:58 AM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Why can't they make Judge Dredd in 8 inch scale??!!?? I really don't want to have to go out and buy the 12 inch scale figure in the pics....they look F'n INCREDIBLE!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                Why can't they make Judge Dredd in 8 inch scale??!!?? I really don't want to have to go out and buy the 12 inch scale figure in the pics....they look F'n INCREDIBLE!!!
                that's a 6 inch scale figure, not 12. Wish Mezco would have gone 8 inch, guessing that the DC stuff wouldn't happen if it was 8 inch, tho.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Dredd and his motorcycle look amazing.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

Gotta get a Spaceghost! 6in sized or not it just screams cool to me!

Comment

• Godzilla
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 3, 2002

Blip looks like of evil.
                      Mortui Vivos Docent
                      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• melstapler
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 2, 2014

For me, the upcoming Deathstroke figure with interchangeable heads (masked and unmasked) is a top priority. The detailed weapons are also a main selling point on this figure.

As for The Flash, I'm disappointed they didn't include an unmasked head and probably will pass on that one.

The Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice figures of Batman are very detailed, although neither the regular Batman nor the armored Batman include an interchangeable unmasked head. I'd imagine it wasn't feasible for them to license Affleck's likeness to make a Bruce Wayne head? However, I'd say that both Batman figures are worth the price of admission.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎