X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

70's tootsie figures

I have been trying for years to find info on these guys... I figure since a bunch of you guys are in my age bracket someone may know something.
    In the 70's, Tootsie Toy put out a line of science fiction figures. They were hard plastic and about 70mm tall. Generally they came with an underscale die cast ship or vehicle. They were painted and each one had it's name printed on the underside of it's base. They were not poseable. I never bought any in a branded package, mine all came from the Sears catalog, and I remember buying a large set at the Sears Surplus store in my town, so it was plain brown boxes all the way. The big set came with 3 yellow space "buildings" (basically landing pads with legs), several vehicles, a handful of the figures I am looking for, and a flock of MPC astronauts.
    No one I know has ever heard of them, but they had to be fairly common as I remember trading doubles with friends on the playground in elementary school. The year would have been between 77 and 79. Anyone have any olds sears catalogs they feel like perusing or first hand knowledge?
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

Actually just found one... still no info though. Link if it will help:
    VINTAGE TOOTSIETOY CAPTAIN LAZER SPACE TOY FIGURE LOOK - eBay (item 130210848060 end time Apr-07-08 08:47:11 PDT)

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎