Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've written a children's book, but I need some help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I've written a children's book, but I need some help.

Hi guys,

When my mom was sick in 2009, I needed some escape. So I wrote a children's book, which I hope might be the first in a series called "Ace Braddig and The Action Crew in: Dr. Bot and the Plot of the Terrible Tree People". (Don't worry, it's been copyrighted). It has the kind of retro vibe like the GIJoe Adventure Team meets the Superfriends. I've bounced it off several people and they really like it. My problem is I need an artist. I've had 3 different people flake out on me. Even though this will be a children's chapter book, I kinda want a comic book feel for the art. While I haven't worked out all the details (in terms of payment), I am going to discuss this w/ my older brother (who's an attorney) about this type of thing. (the reason I haven't spoken w/ him yet is b/c the other folks who originally wanted to do this were friends, and had no qualms about working out the details at a later date.) This has been a dream of mine for the past 6 years, and I'd really want to bring life to it. I want to go through a self publishing company called "Outskirts Press".

So can anyone who's an artist give me an assist?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

That's to cool that you wrote your own book, I really hope something becomes of it for you. I would check out a local art school , maybe some students at one might be able to help you out. Best of luck with it.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Sharry,

I sent you a PM...

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Good for you for writing it! Best of luck to you in getting it published!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I've written and illustrated a children's book, just finished all the pencilwork a month ago.
          I'm now using watercolors to give it that "made by hand" look. Didn't want to use a computer, these days a lot of those books really look like factory work with an artificial computer feel to them. It's 30 pages in total.

It's a lot of work, even if you try to keep the art not too fancy (it's a like a bedtime story book for really young kids).

I'm now taking a course in drawing and watercolors to hone my skills. You get to pick your own subjects: I've started with doing art from Conan. That way, you get to know the human body, all the muscles, how it's all constructed.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

This is neat. Certainly wish the best.
            It's all good!

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you, Gorn. I hope you are published soon!
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• FETT1
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 4, 2012

GOoD LUCK on your ventures ...Sounds Awesome !
                if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎