Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch the 1987 Masters of the Universe for free.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Watch the 1987 Masters of the Universe for free.

I admit it, I like the movie and I think it has aged pretty well. It's not perfect and it is certainly a different take on MOTU. But it is still a fun cheesy 80s sword and sorcery movie and Langella is absolutely brilliant as Skeletor.

Free on youtube from the Paramount Vault.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

I'd never seen it in the past but just watched it and enjoyed it and thought it was fun.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

It's got a fun score by Rocky's Bill Conti. I prefer the cartoon universe to what they were able to depict here.

I would love to see someone have another go at a film version, with a little self-depricating humor like Guardians of the Galaxy. Some real untapped potential to play with some iconic characters and have a whole LOT of fun and laughs. I'm not saying complete camp, but... thrill me and make me laugh and I'm yours.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I had just put away my He-Man toys as this was coming out. I was disappointed by it's "reimagining" of things. I haven't watched it in years, so I'll give it a go in a few days.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Marvelmania
          I'd never seen it in the past but just watched it and enjoyed it and thought it was fun.
          Oh cool, glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Hedji

I would love to see someone have another go at a film version, with a little self-depricating humor like Guardians of the Galaxy.
          Seems like they've been threatening a MOTU movie reboot for years and I'm not still sure they'd be able to do it right. I'd love a MOTU movie done like Guardians. Fun and light hearted instead of DC movie grim dark. BTW: Have you seen the leaked image of the movie Battle Cat?

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I was disappointed by it's "reimagining" of things. I haven't watched it in years, so I'll give it a go in a few days.
          It was quite a shock at the time. I was like where's Orko and Battle Cat? Langella's Skeletor has always been the strongest point of the movie. He loved the role and it shows.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• JWLJN
            Veteran Member
            • May 7, 2013

It came out right as I was getting into MOTU, so it worked for me. I didn't understand why they changed so much, but I liked it. It also brought sense to the three movie figures that they plopped into the regular line.

-J\/\/
            http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by JWLJN
              It also brought sense to the three movie figures that they plopped into the regular line.
              I remember, when the movie came out, going through the MOTU pegs at Kaybee looking for figures of the movie He-Man and Skeletor. I was surprised they didn't make them. It still kinda bugs me.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 7, '15, 10:12 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Frank Langella is awesome as Skeletor in this movie. It's a great performance.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎