X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Dr. Destiny Kitbash — Swing and a miss

Here's a swing and a miss. Dr. Destiny is one of my favorite bronze-age Justice League villains. This guy didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked, but it does contain nearly every shade of blue in the spectrum. FTC parts.

• apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Cool...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

It's pretty close & a nice 'bash--don't be so hard on yourself. I'd add mouth detailing per MK and yellow eye-dots for expression. Also, I hate those gloves--maybe molded ones in blue?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the gloves, either, but I have them and thought I'd use me. I probably will make that adjustment. I'm so bad with paint that I'm not sure I want to mess with the mouth, but I think ya'll are right. I never really thought about how much Skeletor looks like Dr Destiny until I began putting it together.

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Sweet bash! It has inspired me to bash up a Skeletor, now that you pointed out the similarities
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Terry - it looks fine. But if you do try to paint the head - its not that hard and the best part is - if u screw up you can just wash it clean. Give it a try (It never hurts to try)
            either way -it still looks good for the parts you had laying around the house
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎