• Show
Clear All
  • aceclone
    • Sep 3, 2013

Switching out 12" Mego hands

Is there a way??
  • aceclone
    • Sep 3, 2013

I tried swapping out just the heads on 2 FTC Re-Megos, but the rings started to tear, so I need to either swap out the arms or just the hands if possible??

Anybody??

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

You should post pictures of what you are trying to do so we can get a better idea of what you're talking about.

Comment

• aceclone
        • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        You should post pictures of what you are trying to do so we can get a better idea of what you're talking about.
        Ultimately, I'm trying to switch heads on 12" Gene Simmons Sonic Boom with a Monster one, but it seems like the ring is starting to rip when I try taking the head off. The hands on the Monster doll have the spikes molded to them, so I can't remove them. Is there a way to swap out heads without breaking them? Would it be easier to swap out the arms or hands??

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Still need pictures to see exactly what you're talking about. Removing heads is best done with boiled water.

Comment

• aceclone
            • Sep 3, 2013

Still need pictures to see exactly what you're talking about. Removing heads is best done with boiled water.
            boiling the bodies or heads?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Boil water and soak the head and upper body to remove the head, just the head when replacing one.

Comment

• aceclone
                • Sep 3, 2013

Boil water and soak the head and upper body to remove the head, just the head when replacing one.
                Thanks! That, plus a flat head screw driver worked great for removing the Sonic Boom head, but the Monster head was made out of a harder, less plyible plastic and broke off at the ring. So now how to attach a ring-less head to the other body?? LOL.....UGH!!!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎