• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riffster
    Atomic batteries to power
    • Jun 29, 2008

60 Marvel titles...

Pregnant Spiderwoman (Jessica drew)
    Silk, Spider Qwen, Spidey Multiverse, 2 Spidermen Parker and Miles, Carnage, Spidey 2099
    Vision,Scarlett witch,
    a new Hulk ( Amadeos Cho?)
    Female Star Lord (Kitty?)
    Inhumans, Karnak
    Wolverine is still dead.. his clone is the new Wolverine, well except for the Old man Logan
    so much potential fail... I hope I'm wrong..but Secret Wars has been underwhelming so my confidence isnt high

Any titles anyone looking forward to?
    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
    And Super Powers Batman
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Frank Cho's drawing Hulk, so I'm on board with that. Greg Pak is writing, and his Planet Hulk was pretty good. I've always liked the character of Amadeus Cho as Hulk's sidekick.

Been enjoying both Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spiderman. My understanding is that even with the new status quo, the creative teams remains the same, so I'll continue with both those titles into new #1's. The Jane Foster Thor continues as well with Jason Aaron writing, which I've continued to enjoy for the past few years as well. Howard the Duck also continues with the same creative team intact.

Other than Hickman off the Avengers titles now, for the most part, it feels like the same titles I was enjoying prior to Secret Wars.

Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 1, '15, 10:19 PM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Finally killed the pull sheet about 2 weeks ago. I was only getting indy's anyway. Said it before and I will say it again...The Big 2 made it easy for me to kill the pull sheet/reserve. It's just awful drek that will be coming out from them. Although Frank Cho on Hulk did raise an eyebrow for me. I'll peak at it when it comes out. Is it true that they are restarting from number 1 yet again on all the titles at Marvel??!!?? That's gotta tick off a lot of collectors.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

titles I'll likely check out...

Mark Waid jumps from Daredevil to Avengers (and Archie!). Alex Ross covers can't hurt.
        (this KINDA SORTA reunites the Kingdom Come team doesn't it?)

Big fan of Jason Aaron and Dr Strange... this one is a win for me.

Warren Ellis on Karnak sounds like a win.

Bendis continues on Guardians, and picks up Iron Man.

Need to support one of my former instructors from the TCW that is drawing this one. (character designs look super cool so far)

Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 1, '15, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

The Totally Awesome Hulk?

Stan Lee could wield adjectives like a Jedi Master. This...this is just cringe-worthy.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

I'm on the fence with this one. Big James Robinson fan from way back, from his indy UK stuff through Starman and Leave it to Chance. Lately he's been hit or miss for me.

Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 1, '15, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Uh oh...Chris Bachalo on Strange could be VERY INTERESTING. Another one I will peak at. This is not going good for me...Must resist getting pulled back in.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 1, 2009

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to see what everyone thought about this reboot of the Marvel Universe.

I haven't read comic books is many years so I'm very very rusty. Is the Marvel Universe (or even DC) made for kids, like the ones I read as a child? Are they geared more toward older folks now with adult themes and such?
                Since all this is pretty new stuff I figured it was a good time to get my 10 year old started in the world of comic books. I subscribed for the premiere issue of Uncanny Avengers. Captain America (of the movies) is his favorite hero and UA is the series featuring Steve Rogers. Hopefully he'll enjoy it enough to expand from there but it remains to be seen whether these books are for kids or "other than" kids.
                If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

A lot of this was hatched with MCU sequels in mind. Perlmutter is invested in ideas like Spider-Gwen, so expect those to stay. I'd think some others will need to sell hot to stay alive.

This really looks like more New52, DC You stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎