Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

It looks good from both sides. Too bad about the price.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Hasbro made some all cardboard playsets for their Power of the Force line in the 90s. There was a cantina and a Jabba's palace, and I think both were free mail aways. Think I'll go dig mine out and populate them.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Here it is. The Cantina was a mail away, also sold at retail. Jabba's palace was retail only.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

If I was to throw cash at a cardboard house, I think I would try to find a Waltons farmhouse before plunking that sort of change down for the generic haunted box.

The cardboard cantina is awesome. Don't know if I ever saw Jabba's palace. I like your mix of Funko and vintage; the Flynn at the bar next to Steve is making me chuckle.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Nice idea but the cardboard looks a little thin and fragile for the price.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by alex
              They were asking $100 for the Alien playset, I kinda like it. Looks very fragile though. I also saw somewhere they were doing a exclusive graveyard tomb, with 4 glowing monsters, I might have to get into these. Only have the Alien stuff so far.

http://popvinyls.com/2015/06/25/supe...haunted-crypt/
              As someone who bought the alien play set, I can say that at that price point, at least it wasn't made of paper!
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

It needs a couple of extra figures included in the price. Some GITD ghosts maybe.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Someone on the forum probably has the skill to create something better to download and put together.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                    Someone on the forum probably has the skill to create something better to download and put together.
                    I agree, this is pretty "meh" to me. And too pricey. The small Remco monster playset/carry case had a lot more charm, playability, and durability IMO.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

^^^ Absolutely. Even the artwork on this doesn't thrill like it should.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

^Yeah, the more I look at it the less I like it. This is a good thing.

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

It is nice to see a commercially produced generic haunted house playset. If I could afford it I would get it. I have created my own generic haunted house, specifically designed to be printed on 8.5X11 paper using a standard printer, and it is modular so it can be as big as you want, so I can appreciate the effort behind something like this.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎