Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

I would keep the classic Mattel card design but with the standard 6" x 9" Kenner dimensions. This way the fronts would be basically the same and the backs would have the comic strip art.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Here's the next thing that should happen with Masters Of The Universe, or possibly a Mega Bloks line. I can only imagine how cool a Castle Grayskull or Snake Mountain playset would be for either of those formats.

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

^^ Usually I wouldnt be into megablocks/legos but I would want those.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Figuremod73
          I wish Blackstar and Bravestarr could be given this kind of treatment.
          Most definitely! I could see that being done for sure!

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

More info in this video.

Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^Those figures look incredible, but geez, could they make them any more of a pain to get?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

There's a lot of discussion/customizing of MOTU in relation to the Imaginext line, too. I'd be all over that, I love Imaginext.

Originally posted by ZICA
                Here's the next thing that should happen with Masters Of The Universe, or possibly a Mega Bloks line. I can only imagine how cool a Castle Grayskull or Snake Mountain playset would be for either of those formats.

WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, how are the painted versions going to be marketed/released?

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  ^Those figures look incredible, but geez, could they make them any more of a pain to get?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    There's a lot of discussion/customizing of MOTU in relation to the Imaginext line, too. I'd be all over that, I love Imaginext.
                    Completely agree on an Imaginext line, which is another example of how cool the playsets could be.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

I didnt collect Masters of the Universe classics because of how hard it was. Make it easy and I'll be into them. I would appreciate a lower cost toyline to with the property.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Regular versions should be available at normal retail. These are just the SDCC exclusives.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

For sure! It's not enough to attend the convention, wait in line, and pay the money? Wise man say, "too many hoops, too little fun."

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                            Wise man say, "too many hoops, too little fun."
                            I agree. It's like they actually tried to make it as difficult as possible just to see if people would endure it. I love 80s toys and the original MOTU line is right up there with Kenner SW for me. But these are so purposely challenging to collect it's not even worth worrying about.

I'm going to cut Funko a lot more slack from now on. Super 7 definitely does a better job getting the retro look right but the Funko figures are a heck of a lot easier to get and are only $10.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

I'll say it again, the "hoops" you guys are talking about are for the SDCC exclusives. Regular versions of the Kenner MOTU and the keshi will be available to everyone at some point. They're not going to spend a ton of money on these licenses to only offer limited edition figures at one convention. Just take what they did with the original Alien ReAction figures as an example Those were offered as an SDCC exclusive too--with the blue backer--in case you don't remember.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                                I'll say it again, the "hoops" you guys are talking about are for the SDCC exclusives.
                                I've seen no official mention of a mass market line. The only thing I've read is Funko said they had nothing to do with the Super 7 MOTU figures.

[edit]From the Funko Funatic forum

"We have nothing to do with the Super7 MOTU figures. These are entirely their project and Funko is not involved at all."
                                Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 1, '15, 11:35 PM.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎