• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Fear the Walking Dead

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• ZombieJimC
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 12, 2014

Cant wait for this!!!

Comment

• great_chandel
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2, 2015

Kirkman has stated numerous times that the ONLY link between the two shows is that one major character from "The Walking Dead" will appear in the first episode ONLY of "Fear the Walking Dead." Of course, he did not state who, or whether or not the character was still presently alive (which I highly doubt). For some reason, I think it will be Shane......maybe Dale. I surmise it will be someone who played a key role, but was not the star, and has long since been written off the show! I can't wait to watch!!!!!!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Fear's set in LA, so what WD character could have been there at the beginning of the outbreak? Possibly the CDC doc?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

can't wait for this. maybe the character he references will be the Governor.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir
                For some reason, with him tugging at his pants as he ran, I thought he was running away from a jealous husband who came home early...

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody keeping up with this turdfest ?

After this coming finale I may just put it to rest for good.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I'm still watching because there's nothing on Sunday nights, especially since Ray Donovan just ended its own season.

Madison has got to be the worst leader of all times...making idiotic/imbecilic/stupid mistakes right after another.

I wished she was the one getting the Lucille treatment by Negan...

Travis act is wearing thin too...enough with the Mother Theresa approach...this is a friggin zombie apocalypse for crying out loud, lol.

Man, it's now set in Mexico, yet none of the lead Hispanic actors are Mexican...they are Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican, etc,...and their spoken Spanish is not being believably done with Mexican accents, it's all just so silly...it's like a bunch of Americans speaking with an Australian accent...ridiculous, lol.

These clueless writers...

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector

Man, it's now set in Mexico, yet none of the lead Hispanic actors are Mexican...they are Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican, etc,...and their spoken Spanish is not being believably done with Mexican accents, it's all just so silly...it's like a bunch of Americans speaking with an Australian accent...ridiculous, lol.

These clueless writers...

Before this show I never realized how tiny Mexico was, but seeing how it's pretty easy to get from place to place (even on foot) it dawned on me that Mexico is actually a micro country barely bigger than the Vatican.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 13, 2009

I've got the entire season DVR'd. Just can't bring myself to start up this crudfest again. Will probably just give up now that I've got Luke Cage to watch.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Just watched season 2. better than the first now that they are out of the initial outbreak, but still feeling fairly indifferent towards it and the characters for the most part. It feels like the one character that was potentially interesting kind of fizzled as well once we saw who he really was this season.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                            Before this show I never realized how tiny Mexico was, but seeing how it's pretty easy to get from place to place (even on foot) it dawned on me that Mexico is actually a micro country barely bigger than the Vatican.

Although that part is actually not bad...the characters have traveled from Los Angeles to San Diego...then Tijuana to Rosarito...they are all pretty much sort of close to each other. They have not ventured beyond Rosarito...

Having said that...if in one episode they are in Rosarito...and take a stroll to Mexico City by the next episode, you know the writers should be fired...as Tijuana to Mexico City is 1,428 Miles...

Last edited by Hector; Sep 30, '16, 6:11 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

They seem to have settled the story pattern of the original show: find a haven, it gets messed up, leave, find a new haven. Wash, rinse, repeat. Only the characters aren't as endearing.

A smarter (more expensive?) approach would have been more of an anthology show. Present us with different points of view along the timeline of the outbreak, from different parts of the world, with different people. Big stories. Small stories. Maybe each season, change it, like with American Horror Story.

As it is, it's just a lesser redundancy. Too bad.

That said, it is still entertaining. I love zombies, so I'm good to continue.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎