Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will there be Aquaman and Green Arrow waves too ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I do agree villains would sell better than the civilians. I'm sure FTC has a reason for front-loading the civilians. Maybe it's to get them out of the way early in hopes of extending the life of the line by building anticipation for more popular characters that would come later. That's just a wild guess. It may be more production based. It may be easier for them to produce civilian clothing. Maybe it's because Alfred and Gordon sold out so quickly. Who knows? But whatever the reason, it seems counterintuitive. FTC certainly knows its own business better than we do, but I'd sure like to see some more prominent characters. That said, I'm getting Ma and Pa Kent.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      They'll go as far and as deep as sales warrant, which they have a lot of control over. If we keep buying, they'll keep making. FTC is all in. But if Diana Prince and Silver Swan look like Burgess Meredith's sisters, the WW line may be a tough sell. And if that one doesn't go over, they may be less likely to stray into uncharted waters on other groupings. I think the WW assortment could be pivotal.
      I think that's a lot of truth. If they get away from the bubble doll heads, this can succeed.

Re:civilain figures. I can see them being used to stretch a line out, but that usually comes in later waves.

I keep thinking it's a cost move - different materials, same patterns - or they're holding back for either the start of DC movies, or store distribution.

Lookingg at WW, it follows a pattern. Two civilians and one head repurposed for two usages in one wave. Swan is interesting since it's hard to believe that will be a new head head sculpt, too. I can see the WW or '66 Catwoman head re-rooted as blonde. I can also sadly see the classic bubble doll head. I mean, Lois didn't qualify for a new sculpt, why would some low rent villain?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd be amazed if we didn't see the Invisible Girl head being used for some characters, perhaps as Swan, Poison Ivy, etc.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Type Two
          Career Member
          • Sep 20, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
          You can't tell me Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, and Atomic Skull wouldn't sell ten times better than Jimmy, Perry, Jonathan and Martha.
          So true, so true.
          Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 21, 2009

Would love to see Green Arrow and/or Aquaman waves. Flash too. Great ideas in this thread.

Comment

• Capt_Amego
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 7, 2012

love to see an arrowcar, made so GA can fit with his arrow pack
              This is a mad house, A MAD HOUSE!!

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
                I mean, Lois didn't qualify for a new sculpt, why would some low rent villain?
                Yeah, a lot of this is head-scratching. Maybe the Lois figure was done to match the original lego-look of Clark and Superman, but if FTC is really in for the long haul, maybe when it does a new Superman sculpt they will do another sculpt for Lois.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Aquaman has a good chance, I think, of getting a wave, and Arrow might because of the TV show, but outside Dinah, Ollie doesn't really have a majorly stocked rogues gallery. Deathstroke is a Titans villain, and Vertigo and Merlin are the only really big villains I could see making (Clock King, maybe). For Ollie, I think I'd rather see a joint venture with Green Lantern (GL/GA is still one of my all-time favorite comic series). Hal, Ollie and Canary, along with the Old Timer (great way to make a Guardian mold for re-use), add in a couple of each heroes villains and maybe some folks who went up against both. One baddie I'd love to see is Replikon:

A one shot wonder, but he'd make a really great looking figure, with recognizable elements off some of the most popular DC big guns to help push him.

As for Aquaman, Mera is so long overdue it's sad, and guys like Ocean Master and Manta are shoe ins (a more realistic Manta head/helmet sculpt as opposed to the likely cartoon Legion of Doom version would make him worth getting).

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

2000 DC Direct Hard Travellin' Heroes 6" Green Lantern Hal, Green Arrow Ollie, and Black Canary Dinah (w/ 2 heads blonde and brunette!) was DCD's 1st themed wave and what got me hooked on DC Direct ever since and made 6" my favorite all-plastic action figure scale! Hal and Ollie looked like Neal Adams drew them! Canary was preposed but I couldn't believe we got her back then!

So yes I want FTC Mego 8" Hal, Dinah, and updated Ollie!

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 21, 2009

Isn't Black Canary on one of the FTC card backs? I seem to recall she was. We know GL is.

An Arrow wave could have GA, BC, Speedy (8") and a golden age GA (red gloves, no beard).

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I'd love to see them do a removable mask GA, Arsenal, Black Canary and Count Vertigo.

Green Lantern would be best in his own line so maybe we can finally get a Kilowog!

My favorite Aquaman was always the bearded version with the hook.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Green Arrow's goofy looking rogue Clock King would make for one great Mego!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            For Ollie, I think I'd rather see a joint venture with Green Lantern (GL/GA is still one of my all-time favorite comic series). Hal, Ollie and Canary, along with the Old Timer (great way to make a Guardian mold for re-use), add in a couple of each heroes villains and maybe some folks who went up against both. One baddie I'd love to see is Replikon:
                            I like this suggestion quite a bit, but I'd also like to see Carol Ferris and Thomas Kalmaku and a host of GL villains.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^They could reissue the Waltons truck for their "Hard Traveling".

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎