Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I listened to a podcast that reviewed Salem's Lot. None of them saw it as kids. None of them had praise for it. I think you had to grow up with it.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by Iron Mego
      Dark Night of the Scarecrow made a lasting impression on me.
      Same here! I saw it as a youngster on VHS and the story lived with me for years to come. I always remembered the story, but the thing that lived with me the most was that poor guy dressed as a scarecrow getting pumped with bullets. For years in my teens I looked everywhere for that film, but to no avail. The fact that I always remembered it as just 'The Scarecrow' didn't help mind. Only by pure fluke I found a bootleg copy on eBay around 7 years ago with the now titled 'Night of the Scarecrow'. It had to be I thought. It has the same artwork as I'd remembered it all those years ago, but not the exact title (as I remembered it). I bought it and to my delight it was that film I'd been searching for all those years. An absolute gem!

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

i liked ;

the night stalker
        the night strangler
        killdozer
        gargoyles
        willard
        bad ronald

Comment

• mjaycox
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 16, 2008

1) The Night Stalker (natch)
          2) 'Salem's Lot
          3) Count Dracula (1979 Louis Jourdan version, shown on PBS here)
          4) Dark Knight of the Scarecrow
          5) Don't be Afraid of the Dark

runners-up: Gargoyles, and Don't Go To Sleep
          Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• mjaycox
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 16, 2008

Trilogy of Terror as a whole is not successful, but the segment "Amelia" with the Zuni Warrior Fetish Doll is one of the most singularly terrifying things I have ever seen. It blows everything else on the list away. It is one superb segment of an otherwise mediocre portmanteau. It is probably the best horror segment ever filmed for US TV

On the BBC, the original "The Woman in Black" (1988) was absolutely superb, and far superior to the Harry Potter-starring theatrical version
            Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
              Same here! I saw it as a youngster on VHS and the story lived with me for years to come. I always remembered the story, but the thing that lived with me the most was that poor guy dressed as a scarecrow getting pumped with bullets. For years in my teens I looked everywhere for that film, but to no avail. The fact that I always remembered it as just 'The Scarecrow' didn't help mind. Only by pure fluke I found a bootleg copy on eBay around 7 years ago with the now titled 'Night of the Scarecrow'. It had to be I thought. It has the same artwork as I'd remembered it all those years ago, but not the exact title (as I remembered it). I bought it and to my delight it was that film I'd been searching for all those years. An absolute gem!
              I looked for it for years as well, and never found it, also because I mis-remembered the title. Finally figured it out thanks to IMDb. Haven't seen it since way back when.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

It got an official 30th Anniversary release a few years ago in the U.S. and Germany.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I think my last FUN made for TV horror movie was Stephen Kings remake of the Shining

Rebecca De Mornay was crazy hot in that

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎