X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

"Don't Go To Sleep"

Wow! It is hard to believe that was a Made-For-TV movie! That was a creepy film!! I need to quit waiting so long before I watch these films again! I love a good ghost story -- this one definitely delivered. Great cast (including Dennis Weaver). However, you really had to feel some "sympathy" for poor Oliver Robbins! First, he gets hammered by everything in "Poltergeist." Then, he finds himself stuck in yet another family with one ticked off ghost! Poor little kid just couldn't catch a break!!!
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

My sister and I watched this TV movie like 30 years ago when I was like 15 and she was 11. Jennifer still haunts us today. Scary ending, huh? I was idiotic enough to watch it again years later in late 90s on TBS alone in house at night!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

I'm intrigued. Never heard of this one before. Did it ever get a DVD release?

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Aaron Spelling produced it and he used the exterior house scene at night later for CJ's house on Matt Houston a Spelling 80s TV series which younger daughter from "Don't Go to Sleep" also appeared on!

And I couldn't go to sleep when I 1st saw this movie 30 years ago on a Saturday night and I had to get up for Sunday school and church next morning.

Haven't heard of DVD release just saw it rerun on TBS in late 90s. Valerie Harper (Rhoda on Mary Tyler Moore Show) also starred as Mom. *This does not spoil anything but Harper's character was killed off her own show Valerie which became The Hogan Family a few years after the movie!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
          Career Member
          • Apr 30, 2015

OK, thank you!

Apart from a few expensive bootlegs that I've found, it looks like the full movie is on You Tube. I'm gonna give this one a go later.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
            Career Member
            • Apr 30, 2015

Just watched this. While I thought it was good for a TV movie, it wasn't really what I was expecting. Watchable, but not a re-watch candidate. As said though, a very creepy ending.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎