Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder wonder woman at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binkystarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 16, 2015

Wonder wonder woman at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys EXCITED to hear that the Farrow Danny Anniello is making a Wonder Woman SCULPT figure? This is INCREDIBLE news since the announcement that FTC will be making the Super Friends into figures. We FINALLY get a guaranteed wonderful head sculpt done by a master sculptor artist that will indeed be awesome and beautiful. So, kick those terrible retro Wonder Onesie Woman figures with the tattooed tiara forehead under the bed and GET ready for the REAL Wonder Woman!!!!! And Steve Trevor too....Im dancing with excitement

Taken from "The Pluto File," this clip shows Diana Prince transform into Wonder Woman and then use her lasso to try to get information out of an ailing bad guy.
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Once they get a great head, then we can see some awesome variations!
    Original Eagle bodice with skirt, Lynda Carter Eagle bodice with cape, WW Bodice.
    Plus the Super Friends sculpt and costume.
    Wonder Woman could become an expensive habit! I'd have to have a shelf just for her.

I hope they do at least one in gold instead of the yellow.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• binkystarr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 16, 2015

I think the Farrow will do it justice! I have been waiting for him to sculpt Wonder Woman ALL along because that guy is the best at it an the right guy. I hope all of this will eventually lead to what WE ALL have been demanding for sometime, a LYNDA CARTER Wonder Woman figure. Its been how long since the Mego doll? I just never understood how Mego never seem to get the female figure right or if those were a big priority to them? The FTC female bodies are not the best but the heads are also in great need of an actual great sculpt altogether. Daisy Dukes is a wonderful sculpt of a new head but with incredibly awful scale issues, a giant forehead,odd facial features and bizarre body design unfit for her outfits. I hope this new line will open the doors to new figures FIT to be Wonder Woman awesome. Im very sure that Lynda Carter would SUPPORT a Wonder Woman line with her image even if FTC has reservations? They just need to talk to her, shes a very sweet lady and VERY loving to her fans, not many celebs are like that.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I just hope it not a toothy grin. Farrow loves sculpting open mouths.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Like that Superboy!!

*Shudders*
          JediJaida

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

It's unlikely that the expressions are Farrow's decision. I imagine he's being given reference of what to sculpt and he's doing what he's told.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

That superboy sculpt is based on a Gary Frank piece and I feel like he was influenced by the Neal Adams' Superbly covers of the early 1970s. I like the sculpt, but smiles seem to be hard to pull off on action figures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
                That superboy sculpt is based on a Gary Frank piece and I feel like he was influenced by the Neal Adams' Superbly covers of the early 1970s. I like the sculpt, but smiles seem to be hard to pull off on action figures.
                Gary Frank is always influenced by someone else.
                Last edited by thunderbolt; Jul 2, '15, 1:43 PM.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎