X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by DSTZach
    When you say "silence" on issues, who are you asking? Anyone? If they were posted here, I apologize for missing them, but if I didn't explicitly say "I don't know," I apologize.

I believe we've said publicly that we are currently only re-releasing existing figures, and not even all of the figures we originally put out, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of new figures in the future, which has always been open. I only ever see people asking about Chapel and Vina in "Ask DST", and not mentioning the missing aliens.

I do not know about painted heads vs. non-painted heads, and I do not know if Pike's head will change size. I'll try to ask.

I assume we'll continue to use whatever bodies we are currently using for Marvel, not sure if those are different from what we used originally.

Addendum: And yes, the new production has not happened yet, they are not in-stock. The on-display figures and playset were from the original runs.
    Hi Zach...thanks for addressing these things. The silence I was referring to was regarding whether the heads/faces are painted or non-painted, which has been brought up here a number of times on this thread in particular, but which hasn't been addressed by any of the insiders as far as I know. You're saying you don't know yet, which is at least something. If you do find out about that (and Pike's head size), keep us posted; I think a lot of people are anxiously awaiting the answer here. I'm gathering the painted heads question is the single most important issue for people right now, especially since a lot of them have said they won't buy the figures if they're painted.

I think people are asking about Chapel and Vina because they assume those are still meant to be the next in line...but maybe realistically that's not the case anymore. I believe I can speak for everyone here when I say it's the possibility of new figures that is the most exciting thing right now...though the re-releases are welcome, especially for those who may have missed some of them the first time around.

I heard that the newer bodies may have screw holes in the back that weren't present on the first release of the ST figures. That's probably not a big issue for most people. Hopefully there has been some improvement along with that.

Thanks again for the update. I'm eagerly awaiting any further news!

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by SKotK
      Hi Zach...thanks for addressing these things. The silence I was referring to was regarding whether the heads/faces are painted or non-painted, which has been brought up here a number of times on this thread in particular, but which hasn't been addressed by any of the insiders as far as I know. You're saying you don't know yet, which is at least something. If you do find out about that (and Pike's head size), keep us posted; I think a lot of people are anxiously awaiting the answer here. I'm gathering the painted heads question is the single most important issue for people right now, especially since a lot of them have said they won't buy the figures if they're painted.

Thanks again for the update. I'm eagerly awaiting any further news!

--SKot

Here, Here!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

I have all of these already except the " Mirror " figures and I can definitely say that the most exciting thing for me is the possibility of new figures. I am willing to buy them all a second time if there is the possibility of Vina, Chapel or other new figures. Zach... I have posted several times here that I would like to see the three missing Mego aliens. These three with Vina and Chapel would be the most exciting news for me.

Comment

• DSTZach
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 1, 2012

Posting that you would like certain figures to be made is not a post that automatically warrants a comment from someone in the know. Anything is possible, so there's no need to deny, but if there is no concrete plan, there is also nothing to confirm.

That said, I do not belive the ladies or the aliens are planned at this time. There may be some new male figures in development, but we'll see. The plan is to make all faces unpainted, but we'll see.

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Posting that you would like certain figures to be made is not a post that automatically warrants a comment from someone in the know. Anything is possible, so there's no need to deny, but if there is no concrete plan, there is also nothing to confirm.

That said, I do not belive the ladies or the aliens are planned at this time. There may be some new male figures in development, but we'll see.
            Obviously it would be great to have little more balance with more female figures, but any new figures whether male, female, or indeed "alien of unspecified gender" would be welcome.

The plan is to make all faces unpainted, but we'll see.
            That would be fantastic! Crossing my fingers and hoping.

--SKot

P.S. - As a side note, if you do unpainted faces you'll get some additional sales from those of us who already bought them painted but would prefer the unpainted versions...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Denny Crane
              • Jan 22, 2015

As one who missed out on the first run, I have no in-hand reference point. Could we see some comparison shots of painted vs. unpainted faces?

Comment

• Uni
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 7, 2008

Has there been any update from EMCE or DST re: these reissues?

I ordered the Sulu and Gorn Action Figure Set in November, and it's been postponed each month since. The current date listed at Entertainment Earth is "March 2016."

Just wondered if there's been news?

Comment

• Boywonder0
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Uni
                  Has there been any update from EMCE or DST re: these reissues?

I ordered the Sulu and Gorn Action Figure Set in November, and it's been postponed each month since. The current date listed at Entertainment Earth is "March 2016."

Just wondered if there's been news?
                  Summer 2016

Comment

• SKotK
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 11, 2014

This is what appears to be currently scheduled for Summer 2016, according to DST's website:

- Security & Cheron
                    - Spock & Khan
                    - Sulu & Gorn
                    - Uhura & Mugato
                    - Enterprise Bridge Playset

And while the Kirk/Klingon combo was the first pair announced, I have yet to hear when that is to be released. As far as I know, no one has received any Kirk or Klingon reissues so far.

These are supposed to be released to coincide with Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, so hopefully they can't get pushed back too much farther!

--SKot
                    Last edited by SKotK; Mar 10, '16, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

what would be a nice surprise if they released a neptunian Talosian two pack and the Gorn as originally looked mego wise.

Comment

• Uni
                        Museum Patron
                        • Sep 7, 2008

Thanks for all the great info!

Originally posted by SKotK
                        This is what appears to be currently scheduled for Summer 2016, according to DST's website:

- Security & Cheron
                        - Spock & Khan
                        - Sulu & Gorn
                        - Uhura & Mugato
                        - Enterprise Bridge Playset

And while the Kirk/Klingon combo was the first pair announced, I have yet to hear when that is to be released. As far as I know, no one has received any Kirk or Klingon reissues so far.

These are supposed to be released to coincide with Star Trek's 50th Anniversary, so hopefully they can't get pushed back too much farther!

--SKot

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

[QUOTE=powersthatbe;1272165]what would be a nice surprise if they released a neptunian Talosian two pack and the Gorn as originally looked mego wise.[/QUOTE

Have been thinking the same thing for a while, not sure if they would bother to do the Neptunian or brown Gorn
                          but a correct Talosian would be nice, I have a custom one already, but would definitely buy one if DST decided
                          to make it, a two pack Capt Pike and Talosian would be very cool.

Comment

• figureaddicted
                            • Jun 29, 2014

I was REALLY hoping for a Pike and Salt Vampire re-release........but i am happy about getting another shot at Kahn. I wonder if these sell well again, if that will lead to the release of Chapel and Rand at some point. Or ,heaven forbid, a nice run of that damn Romulan.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

over at diamondselecttoys dot com they seem to have the romulan,keeper,cheron sets for sale(35 bucks),maybe they found old stock?

Comment

• THX 1138
                                • May 6, 2014

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                                over at diamondselecttoys dot com they seem to have the romulan,keeper,cheron sets for sale(35 bucks),maybe they found old stock?
                                When you add them to your cart, you get a pop up saying ' sold out'. So they aren't available anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎