X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Ivaniski
    Would love to see pics of your Kirk with that outfit.
    I'll post a pic when I find him...he's still packed away from my move. I need more shelving to unpack and display all my Mego's and Custom Mego's. He has a different head too....not Mego! It's a shrunk down 9" Playmates head...looks GREAT!
    sigpic

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
      I'll post a pic when I find him...he's still packed away from my move. I need more shelving to unpack and display all my Mego's and Custom Mego's. He has a different head too....not Mego! It's a shrunk down 9" Playmates head...looks GREAT!
      Yeah! The Playmates Kirk head is one of my all-time favorites.......Good choice Bats.

Comment

• DSTZach
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by SKotK
        Ah...much better then! Carry on, DST.

But I have seen other distributors inflate their own prices when stock gets low, and it's a bad practice.

--SKot
        We are not a distributor, we are the manufacturer. We sell our products at SRP, no more, no less.

Dealers can charge whatever they think the market will pay, be it more or less.

Comment

• DSTZach
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by samurainoir
          Anyone know what scale the DST Femme Fatales Statues are?
          She'll be about 9 inches tall. Same scale as 7 of 9.

Comment

• garfoot
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 28, 2012

I see that BBTS has Spock and Khan on preorder for $34.99. Great news for those of use who missed the boat the first time.

Comment

• SKotK
              Career Member
              • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by DSTZach
              We are not a distributor, we are the manufacturer. We sell our products at SRP, no more, no less.

Dealers can charge whatever they think the market will pay, be it more or less.
              Yes, I should have said "manufacturers" there...but no fear, you guys are doing it the way you should be.

--SKot
              Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 16, 2014

Nice to see Spock's bands are gold in the BBTS picture!
                Super excited with this pair, hoping they keep the iconic baddies coming!
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by garfoot
                  I see that BBTS has Spock and Khan on preorder for $34.99. Great news for those of use who missed the boat the first time.
                  Yeah, at $34.95 for two figures...that's cheaper than Doc sells Khan alone on his website: terror:($55.00)
                  sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                    Yeah, at $34.95 for two figures...that's cheaper than Doc sells Khan alone on his website: terror:($55.00)
                    Khan was originally $35 by himself, with shipping extra.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe if someone asked Doc that they would like to bargain for Khan, he may drop the price, he's a pretty
                      reasonable fair person, couldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

• Artistix
                        • Apr 9, 2012

A bit cruel teasing us with packaging art featuring the cancelled ladies. :(

Comment

• SKotK
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Artistix
                          A bit cruel teasing us with packaging art featuring the cancelled ladies. :(
                          Where did you see this?!

--SKot

* EDIT: Oh wait, never mind...you're talking about the packaging on Pike and the Salt Monster. True - very cruel indeed!
                          Last edited by SKotK; Jul 20, '15, 1:46 PM.

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• SKotK
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 11, 2014

I'm pretty sure that the figures displayed at Comic-Con recently weren't the new reissues at all, but were just leftover stock from the 2007-2011 line. So they likely don't tell us anything about the new reissues.

Questions still on everyone's mind:

- Will the reissues have painted or unpainted faces? (I'm unfortunately guessing painted based on the silence we've had on this, and the fact that other lines are painted currently)
                            - If the faces are unpainted (cross your fingers), will we get unpainted face Mirror Kirk and Spock?
                            - Will the reissues have newer/different bodies?
                            - Will the scale of Pike's head be fixed this time?
                            - Will there also be new additions to the lineup? (Rand, Chapel, Mudd, Vina, Sarek, etc.?)
                            - Will they do the missing aliens this time around? (Talos, Neptunian)
                            - Will they remake Mission To Gamma VI? (Ha! Very unlikely, but one can always hope...)

It sounds like DST/EMCE is starting all over again with the figure line to try and ride the wave of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek in 2016. And if the hype around the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who back in 2013 was any indication, we're definitely in for a whole lot of Star Trek excitement coming up. I just hope we're not disappointed by what EMCE has to offer us this time (which to me would be: painted faces, and/or the same old lineup as before with no new figures).

--SKot

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

No new figures would be very disappointing this time.

Comment

• DSTZach
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 1, 2012

When you say "silence" on issues, who are you asking? Anyone? If they were posted here, I apologize for missing them, but if I didn't explicitly say "I don't know," I apologize.

I believe we've said publicly that we are currently only re-releasing existing figures, and not even all of the figures we originally put out, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of new figures in the future, which has always been open. I only ever see people asking about Chapel and Vina in "Ask DST", and not mentioning the missing aliens.

I do not know about painted heads vs. non-painted heads, and I do not know if Pike's head will change size. I'll try to ask.

I assume we'll continue to use whatever bodies we are currently using for Marvel, not sure if those are different from what we used originally.

Addendum: And yes, the new production has not happened yet, they are not in-stock. The on-display figures and playset were from the original runs.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎