X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    If they release Pike, they should redo that ugly head.
    I'll 2nd that motion.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Instead of re-releasing Kirk, they should make a non-painted face Mirror Kirk. And a non-painted face Mirror Spock.

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        If they release Pike, they should redo that ugly head.
        It seems like a good possibility. From what Dr. Mego said, the large head was a mistake because both the sculptor and the factory both tried to account for shrinkage...and in doing so, wound up going a size larger than they should have:

Originally posted by drmego
        Jul 31, '12, 10:25 AM #20
        As for the over-sized head, we purposely went larger anticipating shrinkage. The problem was the factory was also thinking about shrinkage and assumed we sent them the head at 100%.
        This is a problem with dealing with a factory on the other side of the world and that speaks another language AND it was the first retro cloth they made.
        When we got to Universal Monsters, we got the signals straight.
        So if they really are doing these reissues up from scratch, hopefully that gets corrected this time around. I'd be happy to buy another so I can have the corrected one.

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          That was years ago, wasn't it?
          Yes, but they are also on display this year, at this very moment at SDCC...

Looks like they are seriously going back into production.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by samurainoir
            Yes, but they are also on display this year, at this very moment at SDCC...

Looks like they are seriously going back into production.
            Very nice to see that!

I'm hoping these are just displays using the previous run of figures, though...because Pike's head is still giant. Who's that fallen over in the case, I wonder? I guess it's got to be Uhura, if Josh the Atomic Robot was correct in his post.

Give me a reason to buy more, guys...please!

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• SKotK
              Career Member
              • Mar 11, 2014

I see that DST's site has Kirk/Klingon listed as "Estimated availability: Winter 2015/2016" and appears to allow you to pre-order...at the very inflated price of $159.92! (which I assume is the last price they sold this set at...)

Some of the other figure pairs that are sold out are listed at this price as well. Were DST selling their own stock at inflated prices once the supply got down to the lower numbers? If so, I'm sorry, but that's repulsive behavior for the original dealer to engage in...and something I've been seeing more of in the collector's market lately. The manufacturer/distributor/dealer doesn't get to artificially inflate the price of their own product pre-secondary market. This needs to stop. But I don't suppose it will, will it?

--SKot

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Are we sure that price is for a pair of figures, and not a case ?

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by SKotK
                  I see that DST's site has Kirk/Klingon listed as "Estimated availability: Winter 2015/2016" and appears to allow you to pre-order...at the very inflated price of $159.92! (which I assume is the last price they sold this set at...)

Some of the other figure pairs that are sold out are listed at this price as well. Were DST selling their own stock at inflated prices once the supply got down to the lower numbers? If so, I'm sorry, but that's repulsive behavior for the original dealer to engage in...and something I've been seeing more of in the collector's market lately. The manufacturer/distributor/dealer doesn't get to artificially inflate the price of their own product pre-secondary market. This needs to stop. But I don't suppose it will, will it?

--SKot
                  Originally posted by warlock664
                  Are we sure that price is for a pair of figures, and not a case ?
                  Yes, that is the case price.

It states, "this assortment of 8-inch figures includes Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise (x4), as well as a wily Klingon opponent (x4)..."

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Anyone know what scale the DST Femme Fatales Statues are?
                    Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 10, '15, 8:21 AM.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      Yes, that is the case price.

It states, "this assortment of 8-inch figures includes Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise (x4), as well as a wily Klingon opponent (x4)..."
                      Ah...much better then! Carry on, DST.

But I have seen other distributors inflate their own prices when stock gets low, and it's a bad practice.

--SKot

Comment

• VulcansFury
                        Museum Patron
                        • Mar 6, 2014

I really wish they went the NECA route with updated head sculpts, but I'm down for these as long as I can get the full crew and the aliens, and especially any new characters they want to do.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 16, 2014

Seeing Uhura and Sulu being shown off at Comic Con makes me feel good about them REALLY making everyone again, I don't care about Pikes Painted Head. I want the Main 7, the Bridge and to army build Klingons, Gorns and Romulans!
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

I do hope the release Captain Pike again. I made a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Kirk...but didn't get around to Spock until it was to late. Now I'll have a 2nd chance.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Cymru629
                              • Jul 8, 2015

Please let them re-release the whole series! I had to sell my collection a few years back and would love to get the whole crew again!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                                I do hope the release Captain Pike again. I made a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Kirk...but didn't get around to Spock until it was to late. Now I'll have a 2nd chance.
                                Would love to see pics of your Kirk with that outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎