X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I have 11 now.
    Missing a MOC Keeper, Spock, Uhura, Scotty, Pike and Sulu.
    And an extra Andorian and Romulan would be nice as well.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• alex
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 15, 2009

Will we get any new characters if sales go well?

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 14, 2012

I already have Spock, Kirk, and the Klingon, but I'm looking forward to finally getting a Khan figure. I missed out on it when it was originally for sale, and the secondary market prices on it are pretty high.

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
          I already have Spock, Kirk, and the Klingon, but I'm looking forward to finally getting a Khan figure. I missed out on it when it was originally for sale, and the secondary market prices on it are pretty high.
          It appears that Dr. Mego still has Khan for sale at $55...and from what I understand, that figure was more expensive to begin with due to its limited exclusiveness. Who knows, maybe this time around they will do a non-limited Khan.

I guess the big question is still: will they have painted heads/faces or not? My understanding is that all the first figures had unpainted faces molded in flesh color, and then at some point there was a change at the factory level (right before Pike came out, I think) where they were no longer able to effectively do that anymore, so they started doing painted heads/faces. If new Kirk and Klingon have painted faces, that would constitute a change...which I assume would be reflected in the rest of the reissues as well. If they don't, then maybe Mirror Kirk and Spock (if they get reissued) could also have unpainted faces...

I don't know about you, but I'd buy Pike and Mirror Kirk and Spock over again if I could get them without painted faces (and a right-sized head for Pike!).

--SKot
          Last edited by SKotK; Jul 3, '15, 4:11 PM.
          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I'd get the Mirror Mirror, but not the painted faces. The color was always a bit off. It could have been space-sickness, of course...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I thinks it's great they are being reissued and I swish the line a ton of success. I bought an extra set for my son when they came out and he absolutely loved them and played with them all the time. I remember at the time they were also being sold in FAO Schwartz and I picked up some extras there at like $5.00 a piece. now that they are going out of business, maybe DST can get these in Toys R us to reach a broader customer base

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I stop buying them when they switched to the painted heads. Would have bought the "Mirror, Mirror" figures and Picard but didn't. I bought a Pike but only to make a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" figure(Kirk). The Pike head went in the Trashcan.
                sigpic

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

I once heard from someone on these boards that The good doctor /Emce/Diamond switched factories after the first 15 figures .so if the current
                  factory who did the last six and the marvel line now ,then we can expect painted heads,screw torso bodies and the bulkier clamshells .it will be interesting
                  to see if they correct a few things along the way assuming they sell well.I dont know about you folks ,but i like the first factory style ,minus of
                  course Uhuras tunic and scottys sloppy shirt .my opinion is that the first 15 were better then the last 6 .Perhaps they might do Vina and Chapel in
                  place of the common Andorian and Mugato or Keeper.Its a long shot but who knows .

Comment

• nubee
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

If they are going to reissued with painted heads, unfortunately, I will not be buying them. I really wanted the Mirror Spock and Kirk until I saw them with painted heads

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

Bought all of them ^^^but your right the Kirk looked awful,and so did Picard ,and Pike was the worst of all .i would love to see these figures
                      redone correctly .

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Laments term......Painted heads, my wallet stays closed. However, non-painted heads that resemble original Mego head colors will keep my wallet open.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Word must have made it to Ebay. There's a Romulan on there for $70. Use to see them on there for $100+.

Comment

• WAV
                            • Jul 31, 2009

The skin color on the EMCE Kirk has always looked off to me; too dark and an odd shade. Is it accurate to the original Mego?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

The many shades of Mego. Kirk had so many different shades, there is no way to answer this "accurate to the original Mego" question.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 21, 2009

Any new figures should include Sarek as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎