DST / EMCE Star Trek are Back!?! Not so fast:-(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EatTheseCrackersAgain
    • May 16, 2014

Mcfarlane can produce all characters from all iterations and Diamond still has the rights as well so can EMCE negotiate a contract specifically with CBS to do retro Trek without Diamond involved?

I'm sick of Diamond and their small potoatos attitude towards merchandise. They're a lazy company, do things on the cheap and him & haw about costs to do business with anyone who criticizes their choices. Bottom line, if they can't afford to produce what people want, they should give up their stake and walk away.

My comic shops grew tired of their offerings, delays and quality control and stopped ordering alot of their stuff.

I really wish Paul and company could reach some agreement with Figures Toy Company and relaunch Classic Trek Retro as it should have been. Given the longevity of many of their other lines from FTC, like Space 1999 and DC, I think classic Trek could have several years of entries, from costume variants to secondary characters. FTC & EMCE ... maybe one day.

Until than, I get to see retro Trek go for obscene prices on eBay and feel bad for collectors late to the party. Unproduced prototypes continue to haunt the faithful and hopeful. Sometimes it's a punishment to be a fan.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

FTC has had the boot leg trek bodies for sometime, although the quality of them is another story, pretty much buy and restring, and when they came out with the ape items, I was hoping they would do the same for trek, a variety of different color shirts like, gold-blue-red-green-orange-white-purple, etc and black pants and simply call them, Space shirts and pants.

The mego trek heads would be fine to use, so FTC wouldn't need to get any license rights to make crew member heads.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Finally got Mirror Kirk and Mirror Spock for Christmas and completed my set of all 19 EMCE Trek figures. Sure would be nice if someday we could get some new additions.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          Finally got Mirror Kirk and Mirror Spock for Christmas and completed my set of all 19 EMCE Trek figures. Sure would be nice if someday we could get some new additions.
          Agreed, This has been a long time coming. There are so many figures screaming to be made.
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I think there done with EMCE Trek, only because it's been awhile since the last two were made, Picard and Borg
            and although it was advertised, they shelved the Redshirt security figure.

Unless new Mego will continue the line, I'd love to see a Harry Mudd and Nurse Chapel.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I'd like to see Mark Lenard as Sarek or Romulan Commander,TNG or or any of the ST 1-6 films.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

here's Sulu in first line-up from Mego Corp.
                Target-MEGO-01__scaled_600.jpg

who can we spot in the packaging?
                Target-MEGO-02__scaled_600.jpg

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Well, I guess the rumblings heard previously were true...in a better way than we might have imagined! So I assume with Paul working for the new Mego now, EMCE is defunct or now part of Mego proper, especially since the Chekov and Sulu heads appear to be the same molds that EMCE used. I get the feeling that Paul would have loved to revive Mego like this with Marty long ago, but that maybe Marty wasn't ready and maybe Paul needed to prove himself first. Whatever the case, it has definitely worked out well with a very promising future. I hope all the dreams that Paul (and ourselves) had for EMCE will finally be able to be realized with the rebirth of Mego.

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• cdhall
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by SKotK
                    I hope all the dreams that Paul (and ourselves) had for EMCE will finally be able to be realized with the rebirth of Mego.

--SKot
                    So say we all.
                    —-
                    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                    - Captain Spock
                    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by SKotK
                      Well, I guess the rumblings heard previously were true...in a better way than we might have imagined! So I assume with Paul working for the new Mego now, EMCE is defunct or now part of Mego proper, especially since the Chekov and Sulu heads appear to be the same molds that EMCE used. I get the feeling that Paul would have loved to revive Mego like this with Marty long ago, but that maybe Marty wasn't ready and maybe Paul needed to prove himself first. Whatever the case, it has definitely worked out well with a very promising future. I hope all the dreams that Paul (and ourselves) had for EMCE will finally be able to be realized with the rebirth of Mego.

--SKot
                      and what you said was confirmed by Paul in the video interview he gave at the SDCC

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        and what you said was confirmed by Paul in the video interview he gave at the SDCC
                        Can you post a link to the video interview with the good Doctor?
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• SKotK
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          Indeed it was! It was really cool to see that my suspicions were right. That was a great video.

--SKot
                          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by cdhall
                            Can you post a link to the video interview with the good Doctor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB4eCXnC1EI

Comment

• cdhall
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2004

Thanks. I found it, watched it and shared it. That was great!
                              —-
                              - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍