Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Barnabas Collins
      Awesome shuttlecraft and figures.

Barnabas Collins

This Shuttle-Craft was designed and assembled by my Daughter Val (I aided with some assembly). My daughter is a 4th grade teacher and an RC Giant scale P-40 War-bird pilot....who has a love and affection for the Classic Star Trek Universe.

Up to 10 Mego Star Trek figures could fit inside the Galileo 7.

Beautifully detailed interiors with functioning lights and controls...

Showing off the Galileo 7 in Radio Control flight...to one of her local students (This Vessel is a thing of Beauty in the air).

Galileo 7 "flying" near Ferry Point Creek...heading towards a new mission.

Val with her 1/9 Scale Shuttle-Craft creation.....her students really enjoy learning how to build and fly Model Aviation.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Nov 6, '16, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Holy Cow!! It actually flies?!? That is super impressive!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Holy Cow!! It actually flies?!? That is super impressive!
          I agree!
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Wait. She constructed the shuttle so it actually flies? With figures in it? Those pics aren't photo shopped?

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I agree!
              1000% Non Photoshoped. We had video posted on YouTube of the actual flight awhile back. I will try to Archive it and post again.

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

I couldn't get over marveling at this superb custom as is, now that it actually flies....I am totally wowed out.

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

I had seen and been amazed by the photos of this before, but to hear that it flies too? My head has just exploded.

Are you sure it's not April 1st?

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Is there any chance in heaven, we could get instructions on how to build one? the fact that it flies is beyond
                    the capabilities of genius.

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

I'm always sad to see this thread sink away into oblivion, but have to accept that it must inevitably do so given the failed return of EMCE Star Trek figures.

Has anyone heard any rumors of future possibilities for the ST 8" line? Could another company pick up the license and run with it...or is there even incentive to do so? Seems like the 50th Anniversary was our last, best hope.

I'm just not willing to let it go!

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by SKotK
                        I'm always sad to see this thread sink away into oblivion, but have to accept that it must inevitably do so given the failed return of EMCE Star Trek figures.

Has anyone heard any rumors of future possibilities for the ST 8" line? Could another company pick up the license and run with it...or is there even incentive to do so? Seems like the 50th Anniversary was our last, best hope.

I'm just not willing to let it go!

--SKot
                        I feel the same way, each time I see a episode of Star Trek on MeTv, I think about all the characters which could be made. I am still hoping for Vina and Nurse Chapel, and the generic officer in the red shirt.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 9, 2013

Somehow I missed these the first time around which I really kick myself for. I was really looking forward to the rerelease. I snapped up the playset as soon as it was available. I started buying up ones that weren't announced to be rereleased. I've picked up Kirk, Klingon, Mugato, Keeper, Andorian and the Romulon so far.

Considering how many Star Trek fans exist it's hard to believe this couldn't work. Like there must be an angle to promoting this line that would get non-mego collectors.on board too.

I still hope they find a way to make this work. I would love to have a line that's Mego like and be as extensive as at least the Playmate's one was.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

hopefully FTC will pick up the 8 inch Trek license along with Planet of the Apes.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                              hopefully FTC will pick up the 8 inch Trek license along with Planet of the Apes.
                              I mentioned this in another thread, but It's funny you too mention the Apes line since FTC already has POTA items available.
                              so I could see tan and brown ape bodies being made along with select ape heads.

as far as Trek, they already have bodies with black space boots available, so I can't see why FTC can't at least do the clothes, and just simply call them space shirts and space pants.

Comment

• SKotK
                                Career Member
                                • Mar 11, 2014

And just when I post the above, Paul Clarke drops a post on FB telling people "don't give up hope", and "there is something underway to give us more of what we want".

I'm not holding my breath at this point, but this appears to be hinting at some very good news...

Stay tuned, I guess!

--SKot

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎