DST / EMCE Star Trek are Back!?! Not so fast:-(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcohendmd
    • Jan 20, 2014

Got my notification as well...cancelled by manufacturer....I wonder if any were actually produced?....the new Holy Grail for (ReMego) collectors?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
      I kind of cringe when I read the title of this thread now.
      I added a little more text.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 15, 2005

I must add my name to the list of those who were dismayed but completely unsurprised. I ran myself pretty ragged, collecting the 2008-ish line with just this kind of thinking in mind - 'man, I'm probably never gonna see these again, not at affordable prices, anyway...'
        AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• greensavage2000
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          I added a little more text.
          You had me going there. I read the title of the thread and I was like: It didn't always say that did it?

I'm so disappointed in regards to this news. Somehow I was oblivious to this line when it first came out. I've been trying to get all the ones they weren't going to rerelease. Now no rerelease. Dang it! I did get the Enterprise playset they rereleased. The figures of theirs I have are : Kirk, Klingon, Romulon, Keeper, Andorian, and Mugato. All of these are really nice. I hope to get the rest of them someday.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Very disappointed but not suprised, and it has to happen during the 50th anniversary year, and don't be suprised if
            DST/EMCE is completely finished with retro Star Trek figures all together. They are now collectors items like the
            Mego's, so if your needing or looking for a certain retro Trek figure, expect to dish out some hard earned money
            on eBay or Amazon, and just like the megos, some will be much more expensive then others.

I'm guessing a retro Kirk and Klingon will be cheaper and in less demand then say, Sulu-Chekov-Khan-Salt Vampire
            and if I'm right about this, maybe FTC might step up and grab the license to make Star Trek figures and by that time
            they might figure out the head sizes issues, heck they already have the black boot bodies available.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

well,at least I got the 50th retro bridge this year :(

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

And we still have to look at the preorder at EE on the side ;(

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Salt in the wound, Alex. But IMO DST bungled these offerings and character selection long ago.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SKotK
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                    well,at least I got the 50th retro bridge this year :(
                    Still not sure what the point was of reissuing that when there were no figures coming out to go with it. It's the only thing they released since the figure line ended in 2012. But who's going to buy an empty playset with no figures to go with it?

However, I'm happy for those of you who missed getting the Enterprise the first time around and picked one up this time. Hope you already had some figures on hand.

--SKot
                    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Robin NY
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Nov 13, 2008

Is the bridge still available?
                      Anybody have a link

Comment

• Riderfan
                        Megos are cool
                        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Robin NY
                        Is the bridge still available?
                        Anybody have a link
                        View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.
                        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• VulcansFury
                          Museum Patron
                          • Mar 6, 2014

I still maintain that DST made a huge mistake by not upgrading the head sculpts to more modern tastes, since it was the retailers who ultimately passed on carrying product that is mostly still available elsewhere and presumably pegwarmed for a few of the retailers a few years back.

My only hope now is that QMX gets the entire crew out in 1/6 scale. I already own their Kirk & Spock, and they are the finest Kirk & Spock I've ever owned.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                            I still maintain that DST made a huge mistake by not upgrading the head sculpts to more modern tastes, since it was the retailers who ultimately passed on carrying product that is mostly still available elsewhere and presumably pegwarmed for a few of the retailers a few years back.

My only hope now is that QMX gets the entire crew out in 1/6 scale. I already own their Kirk & Spock, and they are the finest Kirk & Spock I've ever owned.
                            I think the Mezco line is about as close to an upgraded Mego TOS line as we're likely to see anytime soon. They would be more the evolution of the line. But I also have the Qmx Kirk and Spock and I have to agree, they really are outstanding, and on a Hot Toys level of quality.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Riderfan
                              Better grab what's left before there discontinued, $59.99 is a good deal, pretty soon you'll see them on
                              eBay going for double that.

Comment

• Robin NY
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Nov 13, 2008

buying it today, TY for link

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎