• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Another possibility is to use one of these Xyron sticker makers:

Sticker maker.jpg

I actually haven't tried this with insignias, but I use one of these all the time for re-attaching stickers that have peeled up, fallen off, or lost their sticky backing. Basically, you run the item (regardless of size, as long as fits through the feeder) in upside-down, turn the crank, and it comes out the other end stuck to a wax sheet with a new adhesive layer applied. Just peel it off the sheet, and presto! Ready to stick down.

I've used this successfully on Star Wars toys, LEGO sets, and more. Seems like it might work pretty well for insignias as well. The adhesive layer it adds seems to be similar to the glue you find in a glue stick.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by SKotK
      Another possibility is to use one of these Xyron sticker makers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19446[/ATTACH]

I actually haven't tried this with insignias, but I use one of these all the time for re-attaching stickers that have peeled up, fallen off, or lost their sticky backing. Basically, you run the item (regardless of size, as long as fits through the feeder) in upside-down, turn the crank, and it comes out the other end stuck to a wax sheet with a new adhesive layer applied. Just peel it off the sheet, and presto! Ready to stick down.

I've used this successfully on Star Wars toys, LEGO sets, and more. Seems like it might work pretty well for insignias as well. The adhesive layer it adds seems to be similar to the glue you find in a glue stick.

--SKot
      That's a cool way to re-attach stickers. I should get one.

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        That's a cool way to re-attach stickers. I should get one.
        I know JoAnn's Fabrics here locally has them - that's where I got mine. But they're probably easily found online as well. Be aware they are available in different sizes, depending on how big the stickers you want to do are.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

The Diamond folks read the posts here?

The thing about the Diamond product is I don't get why they just didn't follow that format that seems to keep the Marvel sets being made.
          4 Trek boxes a year with one body, three heads and whatever gear would be great for Star Trek.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by zeedox
            The thing about the Diamond product is I don't get why they just didn't follow that format that seems to keep the Marvel sets being made.
            4 Trek boxes a year with one body, three heads and whatever gear would be great for Star Trek.
            There was a better chance of me spending $60 (what I pay for the Marvel Sets) on a Kirk I already own, a green tunic Kirk and a "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" Admiral Kirk than money on figures I already own just to hope that newer ones, or the few I missed, get made.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

I would like Captain Kirk, Romulon Kirk, and Gangster Kirk, in a Diamond set

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by zeedox
                Are you saying you LIKE the format of the Marvel sets? I mean, if the interest in Trek figures isn't there now, I can't imagine more interest being drummed up by an $80 set...but I truly have no idea, perhaps it would.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Are you saying you LIKE the format of the Marvel sets? I mean, if the interest in Trek figures isn't there now, I can't imagine more interest being drummed up by an $80 set...but I truly have no idea, perhaps it would.
                  I can't say I'm a big fan. So far I've only bought the Wolverine set, because he wasn't one made by Mego and I expect more for $80 plus the cost of more bodies. And there is a lot of product out there right now for the Marvel universe.

But having said that, those of us that are still Trek collectors, particularly TOS, are generally older and presumably have a few more bucks and a lot of Trek stuff already, so something different like the boxed set of figures we never had before in a beloved scale could be very compelling. There's a lot less Star Trek stuff to buy than Marvel, DC or Star Wars. The box set gets it out of the Toys R Us channel that can't move much Trek anymore.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I doubt anything is going to happen considering the above wishes since I'm still waiting for Spock/Khan and
                    Redshirt and reverse colors Cheron to be released, and it's looking grim as each day passes.

Why bother coming out with something new from a series, when the previous promised release of figures or sets
                    is past the release date and no updates why.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

EMCE Trek was such a missed opportunity. It's great that they finally released Sulu, Khan, Chekov, and the Salt Vampire. What was needed DESPERATELY were more series aliens and villains... Orion Slave Girl, Trelane, Harry Mudd, Ruk, etc.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 21, 2009

Just got my note from Entertainment Earth: Red Shirt/Cheron have been cancelled. No further information.

Damn it.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                          Just got my note from Entertainment Earth: Red Shirt/Cheron have been cancelled. No further information.

Damn it.
                          Sadly I'm not surprised.

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

Wow .i pre ordered these when they first came up ,What a rip,they tease you all year long ,and now nothing ,thanx for nothing Emce/diamond ,i was looking forward to those .happy 50th star trek to you too .

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 18, 2015

I kind of cringe when I read the title of this thread now.
                              The hands that grip.

Comment

• SKotK
                                Career Member
                                • Mar 11, 2014

Just got my EE notification of the cancelled Security/Cheron set as well. What a disappointment.

I guess that's it for Star Trek's 50th as far as DST/EMCE is concerned. A flash in the pan and then nothing.

At least I've finally completed my Mego ST figure collection now, with the acquisition of Talos on a card! Still looking for a carded Romulan (I have a nice loose one with a repro card as a placeholder).

--SKot

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎