X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by SKotK
    Well, they did have a decent run at one point. The original ST cloth retro line they did was pretty respectable, with Sulu/Chekhov, Khan, and The Gorn being the high points.

But yeah, very sad that the 50th date is here with no product apart from the Enterprise available. Opportunity lost.

--SKot
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the figures they made for the line, (I have Picard myself.) It's I'll never have must of them.
    The hands that grip.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

There are pics here of the short sleeves McCoy and Mark Lenard Romulan Commander.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Too bad they weren't Mego eh?
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          http://www.afbforum.com/index.php?topic=62.0

There are pics here of the short sleeves McCoy and Mark Lenard Romulan Commander.
          Wrong toy style...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

No... it's the right toy style. If you read my entire post I am referring to 8 inch and 7 inch ST figures by DST. I collect both and purposely posted that link to 7 inch figures because someone requested it in a previous post.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              FTC needs to make the Trek figures.
              Then we will get giant heads and lumpy sculpts with post stroke eyes.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Bazinga!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• DetectiveFork
                  • May 20, 2012

I picked up my EMCE Captain Kirk from the shelf today and his shiny Starfleet emblem fell right off his shirt! I now worry that this will happen to all my EMCE Trek figures, and they're only, what, five years old? Does anyone know the best way to reattach it? Is there a type of glue that is best for adhering the emblem back to the fabric? (I'm not sure if Krazy Glue is a good option.)

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe a small piece of rolled up scotch tape? if it ends up falling off at least it won't leave glue residue.

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

Yeah, my replacement Pike figure (the first one's packaging turned brown) seems to have his emblem hanging by a thread...

--SKot
                      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• knight errant00
                        8 Inch Action Figure
                        • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by DetectiveFork
                        I'm not sure if Krazy Glue is a good option.)
                        Krazy glue is NOT a good option - it can soak into the shirt fabric and stain it.

SewJude from the old Mego listserve was a fabric and textiles expert (like she had a degree in it) and she used to always recommend applying a bit of white glue to the back of an emblem and then letting it dry until tacky, then replacing it on the costume. White glue like Elmer's is water-bases, so even if it leaves a blob, she said, you can soak the fabric in water and eventually work the glue back out. That's show I've been reattachin emblems for years.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yes, I was going to suggest Elmer's Glue-All. Or Aileen's, thinned with a little water, is basically very similar.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• DetectiveFork
                            • May 20, 2012

Thanks for the advice, all! Yeah, I'm definitely more comfortable with a glue like Elmer's than Krazy Glue. I just wasn't sure if it would have much staying power. Glad to hear it works well.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

A thin layer of super glue gel would work well, and it doesn't seep into the fabric like the liquid kind. A very thin layer...

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

You could also try regular normal glue stick (not super glue) you can find it at places that sell office supplies
                                it's worked for me and doesn't leave residue.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎