Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure, even at higher prices, that there's a niche demand for TOS reMego in a better assortment. But maybe that's just wishful thinking, I wanted more Ventures and Uni Monsters, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

So from that update it seems it's a "definitely not" on reissues of any they've already done, and a "definitely maybe" on the new ones they've shown (Cheron 2 and Security Guard, I assume). Would it be worth it for them to do just 2 more figures after all this time? The only other things they've shown previously are Chapel and Vina...but it seems highly unlikely they would suddenly do a run of those, especially given the hesitation shown in the past.

Entertainment Earth has dropped Kirk & Klingon (if they ever had it), Sulu & Gorn, and Uhura & Mugato from their pre-orders...but oddly enough they still list Spock & Khan (along with the expected Security & Cheron 2). Not sure what that means.

Diamond Select still has all of them listed on their site, but that means diddly-squat right now as we know.

--SKot
      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Gadgeteer
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 16, 2014

This is a shame, I was planning on making this line my main priority of collecting.
        sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by SKotK
          So from that update it seems it's a "definitely not" on reissues of any they've already done, and a "definitely maybe" on the new ones they've shown (Cheron 2 and Security Guard, I assume). Would it be worth it for them to do just 2 more figures after all this time? The only other things they've shown previously are Chapel and Vina...but it seems highly unlikely they would suddenly do a run of those, especially given the hesitation shown in the past.

Entertainment Earth has dropped Kirk & Klingon (if they ever had it), Sulu & Gorn, and Uhura & Mugato from their pre-orders...but oddly enough they still list Spock & Khan (along with the expected Security & Cheron 2). Not sure what that means.

Diamond Select still has all of them listed on their site, but that means diddly-squat right now as we know.

--SKot

Don't be to surprised if Spock and Khan are also dropped, I'm not holding my breath on those.
          I do think Security and reverse color Cheron will be released but later then sooner.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I still have my preorder for security/cheron still on at bigbadtoystore until they notice me that's it's cancelled.Just wondering on the ships mostly,have the romulan bird of prey on preorder there.

Comment

• SKotK
              Career Member
              • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              Don't be to surprised if Spock and Khan are also dropped, I'm not holding my breath on those.
              I do think Security and reverse color Cheron will be released but later then sooner.
              Yeah, I don't put any stock in the Spock/Khan set making it out.

However, I don't know what the point is in waiting any longer to release the Security/Cheron set...unless that's going to be their only cloth retro horse in the race for the 50th and they're waiting until the actual date (September 8th, I believe) to put it out.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by SKotK
                Yeah, I don't put any stock in the Spock/Khan set making it out.

However, I don't know what the point is in waiting any longer to release the Security/Cheron set...unless that's going to be their only cloth retro horse in the race for the 50th and they're waiting until the actual date (September 8th, I believe) to put it out.

--SKot
                If their going to wait until the anniversary date release for reverse Cheron and generic redshirt, I think they could
                have done better and added some females like Nurse Chapel, Janice Rand and Marta, we need some more gals.

I hate to say it but, so far it's been a very disappointing Trek 50th anniversary, happy expectations to head shaking disappointments.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

Any respect I might have had for Diamond Select toys is now gone.
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

• SKotK
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                    Any respect I might have had for Diamond Select toys is now gone.
                    Well, they did have a decent run at one point. The original ST cloth retro line they did was pretty respectable, with Sulu/Chekhov, Khan, and The Gorn being the high points.

But yeah, very sad that the 50th date is here with no product apart from the Enterprise available. Opportunity lost.

--SKot

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

It has been a very disappointing 50th so far without any new classic Trek action figures apart from Mezco's excellent One:12 Trek figures. It's been my opinion for a very long time that if we ever see any more 8 inch Trek figures of characters that we really want or don't already own it will be from a different company ( BBP, FTC ) that don't have to have the same big sales numbers as DST to justify producing them. I still have hope of Vina, Chapel, Rand, Neptunian, Talos and Mego Gorn... just not from DST. Looks like they are done with Trek action figures with the exception of their Select statue like figures which don't do it for me. I don't post much any more about my disappointment with things like this but since it is the 50th anniversary of the greatest sci fi TV show in history and the primary license holder for ST action figures can't find a reason to justify releasing new product I thought I might comment. The 7 Inch ST figures they were doing a few years ago were excellent as well. I know prototypes exsist of Chapel, Rand, McCoy with short sleeves, Salt Vampire and Mark Lenard Romulan Commander. The 50th would have been a great time to get those released at least as exclusives. Seems like Trek is a second thought to DST these days. I really want to see someone that cares get the license to produce these figures.

Comment

• SKotK
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                        I know prototypes exsist of Chapel, Rand, McCoy with short sleeves, Salt Vampire and Mark Lenard Romulan Commander. The 50th would have been a great time to get those released at least as exclusives. Seems like Trek is a second thought to DST these days. I really want to see someone that cares get the license to produce these figures.
                        Are there pictures of the short-sleeved McCoy and Mark Lenard Romulan Commander? Would love to see them if you have them, or can point me to them. I've got photos of the other prototypes.

--SKot

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

FTC needs to make the Trek figures.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I'm getting the 12" Quantum Mechanixs.
                            I know, they're not 8", but at least they got made and they look great.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• wise guy
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 29, 2014

I hope that FTC does get the rights to Star Trek megos so they can redo the whole line. Mezco making classic Star Trek shows that these can be popular today but
                              Diamond seems to be throwing in the towel. Generic red shirt, and reverse Charon, don't measure up to Mezco Kirk, Spock and Mirror Spock. I would also like
                              FTC to do classic POA and 1970's Action Jackson

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Who sculpted the CTVT Space: 1999 heads?
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎