X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by MysteryWho
    I was really looking forward to the redshirts, but another shot at a Romulan would be nice as well.
    If they're smart, they'll do another run of The Romulan. Demand for that figure continues to climb, and it's definitely the most sought after and most expensive of the remakes.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

I didn't know where to post but I did get to login after all.
      I will have to nose around to catch up on bodies, hands, new heads, 3D printing and the like.
      I may PM a few of you.
      You've been warned.
      ;D
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Majere
        Especially considering that Chekov, Sulu, the Romulan, and Uhura all command much higher prices. I really felt like I wasn't going to find a much better deal with this.
        Awesome grab! Yeah, you had to buy some figures that maybe you otherwise wouldn't have bought but wow... as a loose collector I might have even (ironically) felt guilty in your shoes getting them for such a reasonable price and yet still on the card.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

Sorry, but I'm still confused about what is going on with this line. Has it just been delayed, partially cancelled or cancelled all together?

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

If we go back in time and save the whales, this line is still alive...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by phil
              Sorry, but I'm still confused about what is going on with this line. Has it just been delayed, partially cancelled or cancelled all together?
              I think the general consensus suggests Diamond Select is examining ways to bring a segment of the line back based on the most popular aftermarket figures and the new ones featured, but only those select few because general interest in the overall line is proving not to be that high.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                I think the general consensus suggests Diamond Select is examining ways to bring a segment of the line back based on the most popular aftermarket figures and the new ones featured...
                Even though, on a personal note, I just paid a gazillion bucks for my Chekov & Sulu, I have no qualms suggesting that those two be made available in a decent sized run, even if they are indeed the last and/or only two figures ever to be dealt with in this particular Mego Trek revival.

They are about as vital Mego-extension product as I can imagine. Even Luthor, Flash, Green Lantern, Doom don't seem to cry for attention as much as Chekov & Sulu in that regard. And, because of this sentiment, I can't imagine them being a money-loser for Diamond.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by huedell
                  Even though, on a personal note, I just paid a gazillion bucks for my Chekov & Sulu, I have no qualms suggesting that those two be made available in a decent sized run, even if they are indeed the last and/or only two figures ever to be dealt with in this particular Mego Trek revival.

They are about as vital Mego-extension product as I can imagine. Even Luthor, Flash, Green Lantern, Doom don't seem to cry for attention as much as Chekov & Sulu in that regard. And, because of this sentiment, I can't imagine them being a money-loser for Diamond.
                  I fully agree with you there. Those two round out the Enterprise crew, and fulfill the childhood dreams of just about any kid who loved the Mego originals.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

As a kid playing with my Mego Trek figures I always wished there was a Sulu figure. It was fun to finally get one years later.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

are the ships still continuing?The Romulan Bird of Prey OS should be the next one.

Comment

• SKotK
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 11, 2014

Gads, I hope at least those two new figures I've pre-ordered come out soon. I'm dying to add them to my collection!

In the meantime, just to help alleviate the craving, I bought another Pike to replace my totally-yellowed-package one...

--SKot

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

Sadly, I think the ridiculous character choice will be the demise of this line. Soooo many awesome character choices to choose from and we get a flip-flop Cheron and a generic red shirt. I feel bad for Paul. He could have done so much with this line if given the green light.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Majere
                            Banned
                            • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by SKotK
                            Gads, I hope at least those two new figures I've pre-ordered come out soon. I'm dying to add them to my collection!

In the meantime, just to help alleviate the craving, I bought another Pike to replace my totally-yellowed-package one...

--SKot
                            What are you gonna do with your old Pike?

Comment

• SKotK
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 11, 2014

Pike (yellowed case) and Salt Vampire.jpg
                              Originally posted by Majere
                              What are you gonna do with your old Pike?
                              He will be up for sale. Still unopened, everything perfect except for the now sort of bronze-colored bubble packaging. PM me if interested.

--SKot

EDIT: Since I can't sent pictures by PM, here's a picture of my Pike (for sale), alongside my Salt Vampire (not for sale).
                              Last edited by SKotK; Aug 5, '16, 2:57 PM. Reason: Adding picture of Pike.

Comment

• Ssylyss
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jan 16, 2008

Just got a notification from Entertainment earth that Sulu and Gorn have been canceled.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎