Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VulcansFury
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 6, 2014

Btw, the latest AskDST confirms this line is dead. Shame they didn't offer something new to retailers like new modernized headsculpts. Retro is not an easy sale these days, and retro rereleases of the same figures that are still available elsewhere is even less appealing to most retailers.

If they had gone NECA quality, they would have gotten more hits. Shame they are too cheap to pay for new headsculpts and molds for Trek.

Comment

• Majere
      Banned
      • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by VulcansFury
      $23 per figure seems sane to me. I'd feel comfortable at that price.
      Especially considering that Chekov, Sulu, the Romulan, and Uhura all command much higher prices. I really felt like I wasn't going to find a much better deal with this.

Comment

• Majere
        Banned
        • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by VulcansFury
        Btw, the latest AskDST confirms this line is dead. Shame they didn't offer something new to retailers like new modernized headsculpts. Retro is not an easy sale these days, and retro rereleases of the same figures that are still available elsewhere is even less appealing to most retailers.

If they had gone NECA quality, they would have gotten more hits. Shame they are too cheap to pay for new headsculpts and molds for Trek.
        That makes me feel that much better about my choice. The prices on the figures I mentioned above (especially Chekov and Sulu) are only going to be getting higher from here on out.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

So just to recap a very long thread, the pre-orders on EE for the red shirt officer and Cheron along with the other retro Trek reissues are now officially cancelled?

Buy Star Trek Series 8 Red Shirt and Cheron Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy Star Trek Retro Series 7 Sulu and Gorn Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy Star Trek: TOS Spock and Khan Retro Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Comment

• RCB Mego
            • Mar 28, 2010

Maybe not, the order I have is still active, I also read the "Ask DST" forum, it was stated they cannot re-run the whole line due to the lack of interest; however they are still looking at other ways to get some of these figures out. I wonder if the EE select figure offering will be enough to run those particular figures?

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by RCB Mego
              Maybe not, the order I have is still active, I also read the "Ask DST" forum, it was stated they cannot re-run the whole line due to the lack of interest; however they are still looking at other ways to get some of these figures out. I wonder if the EE select figure offering will be enough to run those particular figures?
              I'm under the impression this is playing out like the second wave in the Dark Shadows line. My guess is they're hoping pre-orders increase to a level that justifies the investment. Understandable but under the cloud of this rumor, I don't see how that will likely spur pre-orders.
              Last edited by MIB41; Jul 5, '16, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Maybe it's my day to be thick but I'm confused. Is the Security Guard and Cheron being released? Or is this line dead and nothing will be released.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by phil
                  Maybe it's my day to be thick but I'm confused. Is the Security Guard and Cheron being released? Or is this line dead and nothing will be released.
                  You're not alone, I'm not sure either.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SKotK
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 11, 2014

I'd say you got an exceptionally good deal. The EMCE Romulan alone has been climbing into the $100-150 mark sealed, and Gorn, Sulu, Scotty, McCoy...all are not cheap these days. I saw that auction as well, and I actually thought there were only 9 figures based on the picture they used, which wouldn't have been as good a deal (around $35 a figure), but now that I see it's 14 figures...yes, $23 or so per figure is fantastic. Wish I'd found a deal like that when I was buying all the ones I was missing a couple years back.

--SKot
                    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• SKotK
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 11, 2014

On the subject of whether or not any new cloth retro figures or reissues will come out:

(from http://www.artasylum.com/2016/06/ask-dst-322-star-trek/)
                      Sky H.
                      Are there plans to re-issue the retro cloth Mego inspired Star Trek figures? There is an eBay vendor offering pre-orders for a Spock and Khan set. Will the other figures in the line be re-issued? Thanks!

DSTChuck: We did go out to try and get orders for more, as we had heard there was still lots of interest in the line. However, retail orders were not that strong, so we will be unable to do a full line re-run. However, we are looking at ways to get the new figures out to the market, as well as more of the in-demand past releases.

So, I read this to indicate that they do plan on releasing some, but definitely not a full run this year. And it sounds like the "new ones" (Cheron 2 & Security Guard) are going to be released somehow. As far as the older figures, when they say they want to do more of the "in-demand" past releases, this could mean they might be re-evaluating what's in demand. Romulan, Gorn, Sulu, Chekhov (as opposed to Kirk, Spock, Klingon, etc. which are the most plentiful in both Mego and EMCE versions) seem like no-brainers to me. Hard to say whether they are sticking with their plans for Spock/Khan, Uhura/Mugato, etc. or going with a re-evaluated lineup.

YMMV, but that's my take on it.

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

It would be cool if they decided to make a correct version of the Mugato like they did with the Gorn,
                        plus a correct Talosian would be nice too, I would think they would be successful sellers.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

Would have loved to see Kang, Kor, Trelane or Harry Mudd done by Diamond rather than a red shirt.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                            Would have loved to see Kang, Kor, Trelane or Harry Mudd done by Diamond rather than a red shirt.
                            I would too, especially Mudd, then you can easily make a Colonel Gumm custom, but licensing for likeness
                            permission would be the issue, generic red shirt head and reverse Cheron are safe and simple.

Comment

• SKotK
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                              It would be cool if they decided to make a correct version of the Mugato like they did with the Gorn,
                              plus a correct Talosian would be nice too, I would think they would be successful sellers.
                              What, no love for the Neptunian?

EMCE could just do a direct copy of the original Neptunian and I'd be happy to get it. Since he never existed in the series, he don't need no stinkin' update!

--SKot

Comment

• MysteryWho
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 16, 2008

I was really looking forward to the redshirts, but another shot at a Romulan would be nice as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎