Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

[QUOTE=DSTZach;1287936]... until I heard about retailers who still had the old ones, and retailer orders came in lower than expected./QUOTE]

Sadly, this is exactly why my local shops didn't choose to carry the new items.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Majere
      Banned
      • Apr 17, 2016

[QUOTE=PNGwynne;1288167]
      Originally posted by DSTZach
      ... until I heard about retailers who still had the old ones, and retailer orders came in lower than expected./QUOTE]

Sadly, this is exactly why my local shops didn't choose to carry the new items.
      Does anybkdy even know any retailers who have any leftover merchandise? All I see available, every now and then, is extremely overpriced figures on the secondary market. Can't find anything other than the Kirk/Klingon pack for anything even remotely close to sane.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
        Museum Patron
        • Jan 15, 2005

Given the way things appear to be shaping up on this topic, I give thanks to the admittedly fervent zeal with which I pursued these items the first time round- even having gone so far as to dropping funds at one of my favorite hobby stores back then, as layaway for Chekov and Sulu.
        AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• Majere
          Banned
          • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Capt Kirk
          Given the way things appear to be shaping up on this topic, I give thanks to the admittedly fervent zeal with which I pursued these items the first time round- even having gone so far as to dropping funds at one of my favorite hobby stores back then, as layaway for Chekov and Sulu.
          Glad to hear it, Kirk. I was out of the country at the time, unfortunately. :(

Comment

• Capt Kirk
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 15, 2005

Actually, it was pure dumb luck for me- back then, I too spent much of my time OCONUS. It was the main factor in my being offered the layaway deal.
            AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

This is "huedell" biting the bullet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131838977388...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 15, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                This is "huedell" biting the bullet: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131838977388...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                Ouch... Blasted secondary market...
                AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Capt Kirk
                  Ouch... Blasted secondary market...

Secondary markets don't kill wallets.... HOLD-OUTS kill wallets.

(But thank you for the empathy, as it is indeed painful)

"No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, we've all been there, it does hurt.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                      Year Five!!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

sad to hear this news - I stumbled across these remakes at FAO Swartz in the city 1 day (way back)
                      I was shocked to see they had them, and more shocked to see how many they had, and also that they were already marked down. I grabbed a few sets of each.

Got rid of all the extras - only have 1 set now for my self.
                      Would have been nice to see them make another round of these guys
                      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• SKotK
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 11, 2014

[QUOTE=Majere;1288218]
                        Originally posted by PNGwynne

Does anybkdy even know any retailers who have any leftover merchandise? All I see available, every now and then, is extremely overpriced figures on the secondary market. Can't find anything other than the Kirk/Klingon pack for anything even remotely close to sane.
                        It's odd, isn't it? When I was trying to scoop all these up a couple years back, all the local stores and most of the stores abroad were sold out of everything apart from maybe the last one or two releases and maybe the very common Kirk or Klingon. They might have been a slow sell, but they sold out almost completely (meaning it took quite a few months to track down all the ones I'd missed - so glad I had already picked up the Romulan when it hit the shelves!). In my book that seems like a sales success...no?

AND YET - the dealers don't seem to be wanting to buy any more, even though here we are smack dab in the midst of Star Trek's 50th anniversary year. What's going on?

This may yet turn out to be a good year for Star Trek, but so far it's a very poor year for retro Mego Star Trek!

--SKot
                        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

Is it over before it has begun again? .still want the security guard & reverse cheron ,i did order a sulu /gorn also from EE (only because the gorn may by a better color green,like
                          the creature-maybe ?.i bought three sets of the figures as they came out in late 2007-early 2009 ,and then the other six from 2011/2012 .Would have been great to get vina/chaple &
                          Data/Klingon ,but i guess their wasnt enough commercial appeal ,Emce /Diamond takes these long pauses as they try and figure out just what they want to do with this line,if anything.
                          I also got the bridge .If diamond really has the interest they will do the figures ,and if its profitable.I think some nice changes would work -give the figures screen printed tv correct emblems
                          on their shirts (like big bang theory trek)make accessories tv correct colors )that sort of thing with New 50th annaversery cards (not just a new trek logo. I would buy them again,and a
                          new charactor here and there in place of a less popular alien ,and a redo of the original 3 they didnt do would be nice .if FTC had this line they would run with it.So all in all the question is are they in it or out .

Comment

• Spyweb007
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 18, 2006

I don't find many leftover here at local retailers, just one here and there, but the fact that many of the local shops here took years to sell the first batch will be enough to keep them from ordering again. Same thing happened here at Newbury Comics with the EMCE Marvel sets, I bought a Captain America set which had been marked down after being on the shelf for 18 months, and they said they probably wouldn't get the Deadpool set because the others moved so slow.

Comment

• Majere
                              Banned
                              • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by huedell
                              I just bit it myself. :(

Did I overpay, or was this even remotely close to sane? :(

Comment

• VulcansFury
                                Museum Patron
                                • Mar 6, 2014

$23 per figure seems sane to me. I'd feel comfortable at that price.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎