X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by jacoblb
    At this point I have to come to terms with whether or not DST/EMCE is ever going to make an Orion Girl or Nurse Chapel or if I'll be better served looking into customizer parts someday. I'd hate to double dip as I'll wish I spent the money and on other customizer goodies.
    I am still holding out for Vina and Nurse Chapel, and other new figures.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by drogge
      I am still holding out for Vina and Nurse Chapel, and other new figures.
      I believe earlier in the thread it was stated that new figures are a "no go"----and I understand "having hope" and all---- but the first hurdle is to see if even the already pre-ordered figures are even going to be released themselves. IMHO that's gotta happen before any near-realistic hope is had for stuff already reported as not happening.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I've stopped holding my breath a long time ago. At least we got the ones we did.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by huedell
          I believe earlier in the thread it was stated that new figures are a "no go"----and I understand "having hope" and all---- but the first hurdle is to see if even the already pre-ordered figures are even going to be released themselves. IMHO that's gotta happen before any near-realistic hope is had for stuff already reported as not happening.
          Yep...while I think there's a chance the pre-order figures including the new Cheron and Security Guard might happen, even that seems iffy at this point. So it sounds like the chances of seeing Vina and Chapel (or any other new figures) are slim to none.

At this point my money would be on making your own customs of these, because DST/EMCE don't sound like they're going to ever do them.

Of course, I'd love for DSTZach to step in here and tell me I'm utterly wrong on this...but I don't expect that to happen.

--SKot
          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Majere
            Banned
            • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by SKotK
            Yep...while I think there's a chance the pre-order figures including the new Cheron and Security Guard might happen, even that seems iffy at this point. So it sounds like the chances of seeing Vina and Chapel (or any other new figures) are slim to none.

At this point my money would be on making your own customs of these, because DST/EMCE don't sound like they're going to ever do them.

Of course, I'd love for DSTZach to step in here and tell me I'm utterly wrong on this...but I don't expect that to happen.

--SKot
            I'd settle for Zach telling us if the pre-ordered figures have even hit production yet.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Zach hasn't been around since April.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Most likely we won't see Chapel or Vina, or even Harry Mudd, but don't forget September will be the 50th
                anniversary of the first episode of Trek with Captain Kirk, so we might just see a suprise or two with
                DST/EMCE before we finish 2016, well at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Comment

• Majere
                  Banned
                  • Apr 17, 2016

I just don't understand how Mattel can be getting Barbie-style Star Trek figures out there, while Diamond Select obviously has their panties in a bunch about re-releasing figures that were pretty successful on their first run, and would no doubt be so again, especially if released in an intelligent way. (i.e. released in 2-packs, a standard figure that might not sell so well paired with a highly desirable figure.)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^Exactly.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

Vina. That's the only one left I really want. The others would be nice, but the green woman is so iconic to Star Trek, I even have an open space for her in my display, for either an eventual custom or the DST one we were this || close to getting . . .

Comment

• DSTZach
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Mar 1, 2012

I haven't been back because there was nothing new to report, on either of our retro lines.

Originally posted by Majere
                        I just don't understand how Mattel can be getting Barbie-style Star Trek figures out there, while Diamond Select obviously has their panties in a bunch about re-releasing figures that were pretty successful on their first run, and would no doubt be so again, especially if released in an intelligent way. (i.e. released in 2-packs, a standard figure that might not sell so well paired with a highly desirable figure.)
                        Barbie has a huge collector base, and most major retailers want to carry them; retro-style Mego is not as popular with the big chains.

And I was pretty sure they would be successful until I heard about retailers who still had the old ones, and retailer orders came in lower than expected. I do not think two-packs would solve the problem, as they would cost the same to retailers, and be more of a financial burden to buyers.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by DSTZach
                          I haven't been back because there was nothing new to report, on either of our retro lines.

Barbie has a huge collector base, and most major retailers want to carry them; retro-style Mego is not as popular with the big chains.

And I was pretty sure they would be successful until I heard about retailers who still had the old ones, and retailer orders came in lower than expected. I do not think two-packs would solve the problem, as they would cost the same to retailers, and be more of a financial burden to buyers.
                          Yeah, I would say about half of the original line were not hard to get when I started tracking these down a couple of years ago. I even got lucky with finding a bunch of Sulus at retail price. And unfortunately, the figures re-offered are the ones that were/are easy to track down. But how can you reissue a line without the main characters (Kirk, etc)?

Tough deal.

I was hoping to see the reissues get to The Salt Vampire, but I guess I will just have to continue looking for deals on that one.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

It doesn't have to be all business. You could just hang out with us occasionally, maybe.

Comment

• Majere
                              Banned
                              • Apr 17, 2016

Thanks for responding, Zach. I think this post pretty much confirms our fears at this point.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Sigh. Oh well. I was hoping a mix of old and new might be possible, evidently the new was not flashy enough and the old was well, old.

Ten years out, I still love this line and, like Uni Monsters, think another wave or two would be ideal.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎