Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Majere
    Banned
    • Apr 17, 2016

Any updates on when we can expect these to hit? I've got a pre-order in at Entertainment Earth, with the latest shipping date listed as May.
    Last edited by Majere; May 8, '16, 1:28 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Majere
      Any updates on when we can expect these to hit? I've got a pre-order in at Entertainment Earth, with the latest shipping date listed as May.
      My pre-order is in at EE as well, but other than an acknowledgement email at the beginning of May I've had no word so far. EE site still says May 2016, DST still says Spring 2016.

--SKot
      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Down to the last week in May and not a word so far on when these figures will actually hit. So far it's still just the Enterprise playset.

Anybody else hear anything?

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Majere
          Banned
          • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by SKotK
          Down to the last week in May and not a word so far on when these figures will actually hit. So far it's still just the Enterprise playset.

Anybody else hear anything?

--SKot
          No word yet on my end, either. Does DSTZach still post here? Maybe he could fill us in on production side. I fear these won't make it to market again.

Comment

• Vinny0026
            Year Five!!
            • Jan 26, 2012

No word yet on my end, either. Does DSTZach still post here? Maybe he could fill us in on production side. I fear these won't make it to market again.
            why would they be up for reserve if they were not going to be made? I did not follow these as I grabbed them all the last time they came out.
            why not just ask doc mego - he should know right?
            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Majere
              Banned
              • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by Vinny0026
              why would they be up for reserve if they were not going to be made? I did not follow these as I grabbed them all the last time they came out.
              why not just ask doc mego - he should know right?
              Happens all the time. All the time. Some companies offer pre-orders as a way to judge interest. If they don't get enough, they judge interest to be low and back out. I remember N2 Toys offering a Mad Max V8 Interceptor for months on end before finally canceling. Never made it beyond the prototype stage.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm relatively new to Mego collecting, but why would Doc Mego know?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Happens all the time. All the time. Some companies offer pre-orders as a way to judge interest. If they don't get enough, they judge interest to be low and back out. I remember N2 Toys offering a Mad Max V8 Interceptor for months on end before finally canceling. Never made it beyond the prototype stage.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm relatively new to Mego collecting, but why would Doc Mego know?
                Doc Mego is the creative force behind EMCE, so he in essence "made" these, although DST is the ones actually producing them.

That said, I'm guessing he probably doesn't know. AskDST is the only person who probably knows.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I'm becoming less optimistic about these figures being released.

Comment

• Majere
                    Banned
                    • Apr 17, 2016

Originally posted by phil
                    I'm becoming less optimistic about these figures being released.
                    Unfortunately I am too. You'd think with this being an anniversary year, and a new movie and series on the way, that it would seem like an obvious choice to go ahead and release them again. It's a pity too. The figures were excellent quality, far exceeding that of FTC.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

I was trying to score a decently priced Chekov and Sulu from a member here but they were unattainable--- man, I really screwed up big-time by not snatching them up on the original release, and I NEVER say that... but they are so hard to nail down for a decent price.... I guess it's the Trek gods punishing me for always devaluing the "TOS" part of the franchise!

I repent, oh God Of Roddenberria! I repent!

Thast would not be thy Peter David TNG novels if not for thy TOS!

Seriously though, TNG preference aside, the Mego Trek stuff kept me busy for hours as a 1976 five-year-old, so I hope to get a decent Sulu/Chekov one of these days!

Maybe the second re-issue Chekov EMCE will actually be a go? Fingers crossed!
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Majere
                        Banned
                        • Apr 17, 2016

Well gents, I spoke with someone at Customer Service at entertinamentearth.com, and she said it looks like the pre-orders were still "set to arrive this month." That means, if she is accurate, they should be going out within the next 6 days. I have my doubts, but I didn't want to bother her any further.

I've also sent an email to Diamond Select for an update as well, for whatever it's worth. Man, I hope they get these out.

Comment

• Majere
                          Banned
                          • Apr 17, 2016

So I sent an email to Diamond Select last week asking when/if the figures would ship, and finally heard back. This was the response: "We are sorting out that answer now, but it would not be earlier than fall. Thank you!"

So there you have it. I fear it ain't happening.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

That's not encouraging.

Comment

• SKotK
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 11, 2014

*flips table*

KHAAAAAN!!

--SKot

Comment

• jacoblb
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2009

At this point I have to come to terms with whether or not DST/EMCE is ever going to make an Orion Girl or Nurse Chapel or if I'll be better served looking into customizer parts someday. I'd hate to double dip as I'll wish I spent the money and on other customizer goodies.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎