Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Where on FB did Paul say That? Not that I doubt you. I have all EMCE Mego Star Trek and want more, Too!

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by SKotK
      And just when I post the above, Paul Clarke drops a post on FB telling people "don't give up hope", and "there is something underway to give us more of what we want".

I'm not holding my breath at this point, but this appears to be hinting at some very good news...

Stay tuned, I guess!

--SKot
      Cool thanks for passing this along. I'm not on Facebook so I never would have known. I'm hoping for the best on this, fingers crossed.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Thank you for passing along this ray of hope. I'm not on Facebook either and would not have known. Maybe hope after all for Mego Gorn, Neptunian, Talos, Chapel, Rand and Vina.

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
          Thank you for passing along this ray of hope. I'm not on Facebook either and would not have known. Maybe hope after all for Mego Gorn, Neptunian, Talos, Chapel, Rand and Vina.
          I literally have a space saved in my Mego Star Trek display for Vina, which I was beginning to think I's have to customize -- so fingers crossed!

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Paul's "don't give up hope" comment was posted directly in response to someone saying they still wanted the Chapel and Vina figures as shown on the Pike/Salt Monster cards...so the intent, it seems, is still there.

The posts weren't on any of the FB groups, but were on Al Roger Barrett's own feed (he's the Mego Tomland group admin). He posts a lot of great photos of Mego Star Trek dioramas and customs people have done that are a joy to see pop up.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

when doe the new star trek show Discovery come out?maybe by then interest in trek stuff will re-emerge and hopefully see more remego things and related.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 16, 2014

Still love the Emce Star Trek, Doc has the Red shirt head for sale on his site, and I've never noticed the Lt Leslie head he's got for sale, is that new? Was a Eddie Paskey figure planned for the 50th?
                sigpic

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  when doe the new star trek show Discovery come out?maybe by then interest in trek stuff will re-emerge and hopefully see more remego things and related.
                  Good point. I wonder if they're banking on Discovery for increased interest in the Star Trek 8-inch retro line?

--SKot

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't think DST is banking on anything retro-Trek, let alone Discovery. I'm just not optimistic, considering what they had the chance to do, and didn't.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I don't think DST is banking on anything retro-Trek, let alone Discovery. I'm just not optimistic, considering what they had the chance to do, and didn't.
                      Your probably right, to bad though since they made the Enterprise Bridge Playset, I would have loved to have seen
                      a shuttle craft to fit the figures inside, or even better, a shuttle craft with loose Spock included.
                      Last edited by TrekStar; Mar 8, '17, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• SKotK
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Well, EMCE at least is banking on something, based on what Paul said earlier. But it seemed like it was Diamond who weren't interested in doing more retro Trek last year. Maybe EMCE are going through someone other than Diamond for their next toys?

--SKot

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

For ST: TOS, they have 3-4 crew and 3-4 aliens left to exploit IMO; opportunity is not a lengthy visitor. A lot of momentum and enthusiasm has been squandered.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I really wanted one or both of the Romulan Commanders. Those were two of my favorite characters. Joanna Linville was gorgeous back in the day, and she would have been oerfect for the line.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• SKotK
                              Career Member
                              • Mar 11, 2014

I keep wanting there to be some kind of update here, but I keep being disappointed.

--SKot

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

I feel the same way. Paul's comment on Facebook was several months ago and still no news.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎