• rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

fine fine Chi dog on Sunday for a late breakfast. yep

Comment

• SentientApe
      Career Member
      • May 1, 2014

There are two locations somewhat equidistant from me (further west into the Chicago suburbs), and it is so tempting... every time...

One of these -- the closer to me -- has twin drive-through lanes and, a few weeks ago (while I sat inside), I watched an incredibly coordinated team of servers tirelessly deal with the seemingly endless two lines of cars. They did an amazing amount of business while I was there .

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, Ed and I had lunch there every day during the Meet! Their chili dogs and onion rings were awesome! And the drive through line ups were nuts, I've never seen anything like it!

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Had lunch and dinner there. The double-cheese burger was excellent. And the ribs were just awesome.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
            Yeah, Ed and I had lunch there every day during the Meet! Their chili dogs and onion rings were awesome! And the drive through line ups were nuts, I've never seen anything like it!
            It was a little strange to not to hit Ted's on the way home, but Three days of Portillo's Hot Dogs were more than good consolation.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

I don't think I could have handled Ted's after all that! But I'm sure we will have an opportunity to go there this summer!

Comment

• Evel KMego
                Museum Daredevil
                • Apr 26, 2006

I always get the Maxwell Street polish sausage. I first found out about Portillo's when I went to my first Kane county toy show over a decade ago. They have several locations around the Chicago area. I was elated to see one by the hotel!!!!

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                  Supporter of Silliness
                  • Jun 20, 2007

Slowly, but surely, Portillo's is expanding. About a year ago, they opened one up in the Phoenix area. My best friend from childhood, who has been living out there for about a decade, nearly wept with joy.

Right now, it's mostly Illinois with a couple in CA, AZ, and IN. Good, reasonably priced, and fast. Definitely lucky to live within 5 miles of two different ones.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎