X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Action Jackson POTA Astronaut query

I was recently looking at the picture on the front of the AJ box, and could not fail to notice the stricking resemblance of the AJ depicted on the box to the POTA Astronaut. In fact the actual AJ figure looks nothing like the diagram.
    Was the headsculp of the Astronaut originally going to be used for AJ? Hence the box design. I know that he was going to be used for Don, but it was later changed to the Superman sculp.
    Is there any documents out there to back this up?
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

This was discussed not that long ago.

I got a boxed Action Jackson the mail this weekend and while appreciating it I was struck by how much the artwork of the "Mod Styled Hair" AJ on the box looked suspiciously like the Astronaut figure from Planet of the Apes. So I dug out my astronaut and compared them: Same face, same hair, same outfit - even

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Many thanks Clemso.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Comment

• Carmelkettle
        Museum Patron
        • May 26, 2015

I've been wondering about the helmet. Silver seems to be POTA 'default' and the most typical; yellow and white helmet with Mystery Man and possibly a few astronauts; all red with Alan Carter; blue and white from Dinah Mite; but I've seen a black and red I can't identify as included with any figure, unless it is an Alan Carter variation.

Comment

• scifiguy94
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2009

The black and red was Dinah Mite also.

out_sport.JPG

Comment

• Carmelkettle
            Museum Patron
            • May 26, 2015

Mystery (at least to me) solved! Thank you. It's strange that Action Jackson didn't get as many choices as Action Dinah.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎