Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many folks are planning to see "Jurassic World"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drzsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 9, 2011

there were alot of things i disliked about it.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Saw it a couple of days ago. Theatre was packed.
      Mostly a solid, enjoyable movie with some spectacular set pieces.
      A natural progression story wise in the series: all the previous lessons & cautionary events going unheeded and the park actually opening, with inevitably disastrous results.
      3D was good throughout.
      Pretty much the only character you don't want to get eaten is Chris Pratt's "raptor whisperer".
      Some cool nods to the original movie's locations in this one.
      The new I-Rex is an impressively fearsome beast.

>
      Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jun 14, '15, 4:49 AM.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

saw it last night at the drive in. loved it, want to go see it again. it is pretty formulaic, as expected, but it's a dinosaur movie and that's why you go see it. the dino effects were awesome and as stated the I-rex was pretty damn scary. I also thought the nods to the original movie were great, including them finding the long abandoned original facility in the middle of the jungle.
        to judge for the kids, I brought my kids who all loved it, and went with a buddy and his 5 yr old, she was scared of the I-rex and getting upset at times, but she did still watch the entire movie, when 2 of my 3 kids fell asleep in their sleeping bags before the end

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

SPOILERS

Sorry, didn't like most of it.
          The first 30 minutes is boring, basically following kids around in DisneyWorld style.
          All the characters are cardboard stereotypes, you can almost see the writer saying "and for this woman, we'll pick a snooty aunt number three".

It all gets a little better with the raptor hunt, and the final battle is (finally) exciting, though very OTT.

What I dislike most, is how the dinos are portrayed.
          The makers seems obsessed with raptors, as if they were the only dino worth watching. Btw, raptors are now known not to be this size.
          The planteaters are now all pussycats. Let's pet a triceratops, kids! Short history lesson: animals like ankylosaurus and triceratops were scrappers. They were rhino-like, and just as moody and dangerous. In this movie, you can just ride your little cart among them, and stroke their cuddly little chins.
          Even the good old T-Rex (he used to be so mean), is now the attack dog of choice. Having a problem? Send in Dino! Woof-woof...

This is popcorn entertainment, yes, but so lightweight it floats off like a pteranodon in search of a Happy Meal...

I did like Pratt, who shows he can be a credible hero. He may after all make a good Indiana Jones.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Allie Fox
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 1, 2009

I thought it was campy. Campy to the level that my 10 year old thought it was fun but where I had to try hard to suspend my belief to enjoy it.

I agree with just about everything GC said above, except that I'm still not convinced Pratt can be Indiana Jones. Han Solo maybe. Indy. . . ???
            If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Going to a drive-in to take in a double feature of Minions and Jurassic World this weekend.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Saw it, quite enjoyed it.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Well me and Chris (Emeraldknight) got out to see this film. I liked it, but it was a tale of two halves. The first half while enjoyable kind of crept along. I could see how they were budgeting this film. Without question Chris Pratt made this film work. It would not have been remotely as interesting without him to hold it together where the material was at it's weakest. The second half really surprised me because instead of the film getting bogged down, it found new life and really took you on a ride. Quite the accomplishment for a fourth installment. The finale', while predictable, was incredibly entertaining. It was akin to dino-Rocky. Was surprised and impressed to see how much of a beefier role they gave Dr. Wu. And of course I loved the nods to the original movie throughout especially with the old complex that was grown over by vegetation and infestation. Nice use of the dinosaur banner as a source for fire. It was also nice to see our old T-Rex lift it's head and roar in deviance to the new age. Made me wish we had some to observe. I give it a solid 3.5 out of 5.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Going to a drive-in to take in a double feature of Minions and Jurassic World this weekend.

Chris

Hmmm. Dinos vs Minions...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎