Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Ya know one of the things I love MOST about Mego's? The 8" scale. That goes for buying other Toy lines too...I passed on the 6" MEZCO Dark Knight because he doesn't fit in with my collection.
    sigpic

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

These DC 18" seem like a steal at $100 each! Are they? Sideshow 12" Green Lantern Hal Jordan is $220! UGH!

PLEASE FTC make 18" Batman 66 (I have not given in to NECA!) and some loophole to do 18" MARVEL Comics and Star Wars (Jakks makes 20" & 31") BOTH owned by Disney! And of course 18" Lynda Carter (refuse to buy the $200 Tonner "TV" Wonder Woman doll!) and Christopher Reeve- I want CLOTH costumes NOT plastic like NECA!

Comment

• Vinny0026
        Year Five!!
        • Jan 26, 2012

looks great!! My Batman still has not landed yet - ugggg
        "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
          Ya know one of the things I love MOST about Mego's? The 8" scale. That goes for buying other Toy lines too...I passed on the 6" MEZCO Dark Knight because he doesn't fit in with my collection.
          But 8" scale doesn't mean every figure is 8 inches tall. That's the potential I see with the 18" body: not just 18" duplicates of the 8" versions, but figures that would be in scale (at least to a degree) with the standard figures. An 18" Trigon to go with the New Teen Titans would be great, as would the aforementioned Apache Chief or Giganta. And a re-do of the 9.5" body or something similar in scale wouldn't be bad, either, for characters a bit bigger than 6 foot (like Swamp Thing or Blue Devil).

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
            But 8" scale doesn't mean every figure is 8 inches tall. That's the potential I see with the 18" body: not just 18" duplicates of the 8" versions, but figures that would be in scale (at least to a degree) with the standard figures. An 18" Trigon to go with the New Teen Titans would be great, as would the aforementioned Apache Chief or Giganta. And a re-do of the 9.5" body or something similar in scale wouldn't be bad, either, for characters a bit bigger than 6 foot (like Swamp Thing or Blue Devil).
            Scott old buddy, it sure is cool to see on the Museum. I can agree with your point on larger characters(Trigon, Giganta, etc..). But "re-do's" of the of old Megos doesn't work for me. I also think 12" figures would be a better scale and I feel the bodies should be bulked up on these. Let's face it...Mego's were to skinny! They need larger chests, shoulders and biceps...especially in a larger scale.
            sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
              Scott old buddy, it sure is cool to see on the Museum. I can agree with your point on larger characters(Trigon, Giganta, etc..). But "re-do's" of the of old Megos doesn't work for me. I also think 12" figures would be a better scale and I feel the bodies should be bulked up on these. Let's face it...Mego's were to skinny! They need larger chests, shoulders and biceps...especially in a larger scale.
              It's nice to be here! I was away from my Mego bretheren for far too long before FTC came along.

The 12" would be more traditional, true, and Mego actually did bulk up the 12" bodies on things like the Superman line (which makes for a nice physique for guys like Trigon). And compared to the modern take on heroes, the original Mego 8" bodies were more lithe and athletic, but that's a reflection of the times. The type 2's were almost a perfect rendition of a Jim Aparo or Neal Adams super physique, which were pretty much the standard of the 70's. The FTC bodies are a little smaller and maybe a tad skinnier, and I admit the 18" figures do look a tad spindly in some shots, so maybe a little beefing up is in order.

And, yes, the current trend of doing upsized versions of classic figures is an acquired taste; I'm likely passing on most of the 18" stuff myself (unless it's a Green Lantern; can't pass up Hal in any scale), and the only upsized classic figures I've gotten into is the 12" He-Man figures on Mattycollector. To me, a lot of the older things were actually better at the smaller size; making them bigger just brings out some of the shortcomings in the sculpts and the details in many cases. But, to each their own.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

This guy looks great. I think I may hunt him down next.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

I like him...I'm very tempted with the Batman & exclusive RM Robin now...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Anybody have pictures of him released from his ties and standing on his own? Let's see some out-of-package shots!

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

yea that's awesome
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

the more i see this ,the more i want this, I have been thinking about a Superman since they came out,how much was the shipping from figures toy
                        company ?.I just might get one ,i bought all the "8' figures to date , and this "18" superman would look very novel on the shelf.

Comment

• zeedox
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 10, 2007

I think they have like 12 dollar flat shipping. Superman is great. I also picked up Batman and Robin. I didn't get the villians since I kinda feel like I would need Aquaman next.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                            Career Member
                            • Apr 30, 2015

I was on the fence with these 18" figures, but when I saw Superman for £50 inc shipping I thought it was too much of a deal to pass on. How glad I am that I bought him. The only thing now though is that I just have to have Batman & Robin.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

I have to say that looks pretty cool! I'd be in for a Green Arrow, but I'd actually want then to make a removable mask in this scale. If they did that, and not even change his outfit other than the mask, I'd be in. From the basic outfit, I could customize any other changed I might want!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

The bodies on these are garbage. I have a RM Robin for sale. $75 plus shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎