Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toycade Exclusive Vote For Batman in stock!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickeymoosemego
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 11, 2014

Not at all. The clues you get every week on the board are a big difference from what I do. I've spelled out plenty over the last 10 months. At one point to much. The Pm's I get tell me many members know and appreciate what I do. Now Time to get this thread back on topic for Toycade and the Batman for Mayor Figure exclusive:

Comment

• houseofdracula
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
      Not at all. The clues you get every week on the board are a big difference from what I do. I've spelled out plenty over the last 10 months. At one point to much. The Pm's I get tell me many members know and appreciate what I do. Now Time to get this thread back on topic for Toycade and the Batman for Mayor Figure exclusive:
      I (for one) appreciate any and all news that can be shared.
      Especially with the Batman 66 line.
      The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
      https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Got mine in the mail today. Some fun surprises! Here's a few pics...

The first thing I noted on my figure was a much cleaner paint job, a somewhat warmer skin color, and cleaner separation between the white bat symbol and gold paint on the belt buckle. I wasn't expecting any differences there and while these might have just been manufacturing anomalies, they were strong enough to make me switch out my Batman presentation piece on my book shelf. Note my camera phone just isn't going to translate those qualities very well here.

The election poster comes in a small plastic bag and the backer card has some fun graphics celebrating this episode.

The backer card certainly tells us there are plenty of goodies left in this series.

To conclude, I'm really glad I got this. Having a factory fresh Batman with improved production qualities certainly helped me view this as a little more than an accessory and packaging variant. Hopefully others who get theirs also see those improved characteristics. I would take more pics but I honestly don't feel my camera phone does it the kind of justice that holding it in your hand does. Close inspection makes all the difference here.
        Last edited by MIB41; Jun 13, '15, 5:53 PM.

Comment

• Toycade
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 8, 2014

Thanks for the review and kind words! We feel that there certainly are paint improvements with this figure. But how do you solicit better paint? The Wave 1 standard figure is great, but this one is excellent. Everyone should pick one up for themselves, their parents, children, and pets.

Comment

• blue devils
            • Jun 9, 2015

I got my vote for Batman exclusive today, Awesome! And to top it off... the episodes were on ME TV tonight! Vote for Penguin next please!

Comment

• rlkrefft
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 14, 2010

Yes, please get Vote For Penguin out. We need him to complete the set. Toycade can you get FTC to jump on him? At least let them know people are asking for one. Are you due another exclusive soon?

Comment

• Toycade
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 8, 2014

We are usually extended an invitation to participate. We are not guaranteed a slot. The guys at Figures Toy could easily offer all exclusives to EE or Diamond and I am sure they would take them. Thankfully, we have developed a pretty good working relationship and I would even say friendship over the 10 years we have been doing business together. They have their own ideas in mind but do always welcome my input. I have already put a bug in their ear about a potential Vote For Penguin figure. It just makes sense after going all in with Vote For Batman. But I have to have sales to support Batman to justify a Penguin. If I can't sell Batman, I won't go forward with Penguin. Which is not to say a Penguin figure would not be made regardless, you just might have to purchase him with 5 other figures in a set from EE. We can really only afford one exclusive per year. Contrary to what you might believe, we do not make a lot of money off these and the money we do make takes nearly a year (if we are lucky) to really pay off. We do it because we are fans and it is fun. That's really it. Some reminders, exclusives are rarely if ever going to come with anything that requires a new mold to be made. For instance, I wanted the Vote For Batman figure to come with a pointing finger. We talked about it. In the end, it was just too expensive to create a custom hand just for one figure. And that was just a hand. You can imagine how much it would cost for an entirely new head or weapon. I would likely have to commit to 7k-8k figures to justify the expenditure and you guys simply aren't going to purchase that many figures! Either that, or charge you $150 for each figure and limit it to 2k figures and pray to God they sell...and they won't. An exclusive is likely going to feature a new color scheme of an existing character or new clothing using something already in production. Every time a new wave is announced, think of variations you would like to see of figures within that wave. For instance, how about a pre-change Mr. Freeze? He could have flesh colored skin and you could put him in a Stooges Dizzy Doctors suit. A totally different figure with all previously used parts and materials. Perhaps a "Psychedlic Batman" featuring a tye-dyed paint app? I could go on and on. In the end, the challenge is in determining how close to the script the fans want to remain while producing a figure that stands out. It's harder than it sounds.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 14, 2010

Well, I did my part. I did buy a Vote For Batman. I do think Vote For Penguin will be easy as all he needs is two buttons pinned or glued on his jacket. It seems a rather simple one compared to say Opera Clown Joker or the upcoming Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson who all had new clothes. I am still gonna hope he comes. Even if he ends up in a batch with EE variants. I did buy that batch that is coming soon. I have every variant except the Batman/Robin tied to tables and a Gray Suit Joker, and I will pick him up soon since I know they are making a Kitt Catwoman.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

On a side note, ME-TV just aired the episodes in question over the weekend.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

Just got my 'Vote for Batman' from Toycade and I have to say that I'm very pleased with him. As previously stated, it's a much cleaner paint job than the series one Batman.
                      That completes my 1966 collection so far.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Toycade
                        We are usually extended an invitation to participate. We are not guaranteed a slot. The guys at Figures Toy could easily offer all exclusives to EE or Diamond and I am sure they would take them. Thankfully, we have developed a pretty good working relationship and I would even say friendship over the 10 years we have been doing business together. They have their own ideas in mind but do always welcome my input. I have already put a bug in their ear about a potential Vote For Penguin figure. It just makes sense after going all in with Vote For Batman. But I have to have sales to support Batman to justify a Penguin. If I can't sell Batman, I won't go forward with Penguin. Which is not to say a Penguin figure would not be made regardless, you just might have to purchase him with 5 other figures in a set from EE. We can really only afford one exclusive per year. Contrary to what you might believe, we do not make a lot of money off these and the money we do make takes nearly a year (if we are lucky) to really pay off. We do it because we are fans and it is fun. That's really it. Some reminders, exclusives are rarely if ever going to come with anything that requires a new mold to be made. For instance, I wanted the Vote For Batman figure to come with a pointing finger. We talked about it. In the end, it was just too expensive to create a custom hand just for one figure. And that was just a hand. You can imagine how much it would cost for an entirely new head or weapon. I would likely have to commit to 7k-8k figures to justify the expenditure and you guys simply aren't going to purchase that many figures! Either that, or charge you $150 for each figure and limit it to 2k figures and pray to God they sell...and they won't. An exclusive is likely going to feature a new color scheme of an existing character or new clothing using something already in production. Every time a new wave is announced, think of variations you would like to see of figures within that wave. For instance, how about a pre-change Mr. Freeze? He could have flesh colored skin and you could put him in a Stooges Dizzy Doctors suit. A totally different figure with all previously used parts and materials. Perhaps a "Psychedlic Batman" featuring a tye-dyed paint app? I could go on and on. In the end, the challenge is in determining how close to the script the fans want to remain while producing a figure that stands out. It's harder than it sounds.
                        So the likely hood of a "mask-less" Frank Gorshin Riddler we talked about is very unlikely. I'm bummed. Especially since FTC really missed the mark on capturing Gorshin's likeness. Oh well, I think's there's bootleg out there somewhere(customized from PlayMates 9" Cheron that's a excellent sculpt)...I guess I'll have to track it down.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ If they do it, he'll be in a regular release, not an exclusive. Unless EE or BBTS want to pony up the dough. problem with the Cheron Playmates head is there is no emotion on the face, no manic Gorshin smile. Its very blahh like most of Playmates sculpts. Juanimal has an amazing looking one on ebay occasionally.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I picked one up. The flesh tone is better, but my Series 1 '66 Batman has a cleaner paint job than the Vote For Batman and the accessory Batman head... which has a different blue tone as well. Still, no regrets in picking one up.

I am finally beginning my Batman migration to a Type S body. I will probably use my Series 1 Batman and keep the Toycade Batman MIP.

EDIT: I just had my expert compare the two (aka my 14 year old daughter, well trained in the art of comparing the same action figures to each other) and she thinks the Toycade head is better, because the flesh paint apps definitely brings out the sculpt better than series one. So I may use the Toycade on my Type S transition.
                            Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 20, '15, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Toycade
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 8, 2014

The head is significantly better. They did a far better job of shadowing along the jaw line and eyes with our exclusive. It's a really good looking figure!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by The Bat
                                So the likely hood of a "mask-less" Frank Gorshin Riddler we talked about is very unlikely. I'm bummed. Especially since FTC really missed the mark on capturing Gorshin's likeness. Oh well, I think's there's bootleg out there somewhere(customized from PlayMates 9" Cheron that's a excellent sculpt)...I guess I'll have to track it down.

I wouldn't do that if I was you!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎