Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toycade Exclusive Vote For Batman in stock!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PengyForMayor
    • Jun 3, 2014

If this had a podium I'd be all over it, since it's my favorite episode. Jist underwhelming as is.

Hate to say it but I do think this was a weak exclusive.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Some real nastiness in here. It's a clever exclusive. Not for me, but I'm a few waves behind anyway. But I'm all for expansions to the line if it keeps things rolling.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I've enjoyed the Batman '66 line. I've waited my whole life for a merchandise line in the Mego format and never dared dream anything this far reaching. Yes, I would like some added differences to lend a little more distinction for the variants, but I'm grabbing one of these. When this line is gone, we'll likely never see another run at this series again in our lifetime. FTC is doing that with a great many licenses I had written off as misguided dreams. I'm realizing it's okay to dust those dreams off and embrace them again. Vote with your wallet. Buy the things you want and appreciate the fact you can say "no" to other things you don't. We haven't had that kind of variety in decades. What a wonderful dilemma to have!

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PengyForMayor
          If this had a podium I'd be all over it, since it's my favorite episode. Jist underwhelming as is.

Hate to say it but I do think this was a weak exclusive.
          Honestly, no weaker than some others offered. The EE exclusive set has two extremely weak offerings: Penguin borrowing Robin's mask and Joker wearing Batman's utility belt. Even the pink cowled Batman was simply the same old figure with a mask painted pink, something easily done with a regular Batman, but, hey, I got that one to save myself the paint job. Not every exclusive is going to excite everyone; at least this one is a single figure, and not a very pricey set where you only want some but would have to get them all.

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Toycade
            We have been doing this for 12 years. We can take it. The general response has been fantastic. I don't get offended over criticism. Many of those who condemn the figure, purchase, have purchased, or will purchase other items from us. It's all good.
            I wasn't going to get the figure but now I'm seriously thinking about it because I like the way Toycade does business. We are not an easy group to deal with, and I have great respect for someone coming on here, making such a big effort and maintaining a high level of professionalism.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rykerw1701
              I wasn't going to get the figure but now I'm seriously thinking about it because I like the way Toycade does business. We are not an easy group to deal with, and I have great respect for someone coming on here, making such a big effort and maintaining a high level of professionalism.
              WELL SAID! I'm very happy you mentioned that because I was thinking the same thing. Toycade gets a high five from me for offering the best reaction in an industry that is not built for the weak spirited. There are allot of folks on this forum that contribute in one form or another to allot of product that gets released. So by default, it's easy to inadvertently step on toes without realizing it. Toycade is part of that small (but elite) group that quietly smiles and understands it's a business first and nothing to be taken personally. By it's very nature, this business is a high risk endeavor, so hopefully the people who get involved have already thought it out and weighed the risk to reward scenario. Feedback, while brutal at times, can be a very effective tool if you understand how to use it to improve the consumer experience. Fighting feedback is counterproductive because it conveys an indifference to the consumer that only creates more obstacles to selling your product.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

^Batman thanks the good citizens of Gotham for their wise decision.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Toycade
                  We have been doing this for 12 years. We can take it. The general response has been fantastic. I don't get offended over criticism. Many of those who condemn the figure, purchase, have purchased, or will purchase other items from us. It's all good.
                  ^ Although I have NO interest in this variant, when FTC/CTVT sold out of Alfred so quickly, I bought my x2 SETS of WGH Batman Retro Wave 3 from Toycade, & had a GREAT experience doing so. The only problems I had were with the Batgirl figures & all of those problems were QC issues with eye paints & bodies that came from manuifacturing.

My experience with buying from Toycade was effortless, & I was VERY Happy with the transaction! - invisiblelad

Comment

• rjm118
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Apr 25, 2012

I too have bought from Toycade in the past, and some pricing was actually better than anywhere else.

I may buy this in support also.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 30, 2015

Just ordered my "Vote for Batman" (along with a few other bits).

Toycade are by far the best international seller I've had the pleasure of dealing with. I always buy in bulk and the end bill (including shipping) is always a fraction of the price for the same goods in the UK. Any problems I've had (hardly any) have always been dealt with promptly and with a professional manner. I absolutely 'LOVE' Toycade!!!

Comment

• PengyForMayor
                        • Jun 3, 2014

Yeah, Toycade is great, one of the best smaller sites out there.

I just think this is really weak even compared to the new EE stuff, just a baseball card.

I can't print off a Joker utility belt. Needless to say the EE Joker and Penguin shouldn't exist. A villain accessory set would have done us fine.

Could have just included 4 masks for the movie cast. Or include them with the first run. My problem is these are basically a 2nd run with a little something extra.

Bruce, Dick, and Alfred are different enough. Seems like the last batch of exclusives was more on track.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 11, 2014

There's a couple more coming that should be more to everyone's liking!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                            sure hope so, none of these have really caught my attention. Any idea when wave 4 is going to be available? Been 6 months since the last wave.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 30, 2015

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                              Batman and The Joker 'surfers' perhaps??????

Must have surf boards included to make them just that little extra special 'EXCLUSIVES'.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 14, 2010

We won't ever see Surfer Batman and Surfer Joker from them. They wouldn't spend the money on the boards. I do wish we would get Vote for Penguin, RM Riddler and Riddler in jacket/hat. Mikey how many more exclusives are coming? Are they making Commissioner Gordon to be in wave 6?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎