Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toycade Exclusive Vote For Batman in stock!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
    I wouldn't do that if I was you!
    *Thanks Mickey!

*Hope that "IF" FTC puts out a RM Riddler in his green suit with bowler, it has a really really good Frank Gorshin likeness! That RM Riddler, Julie Newmar Catwoman, Eartha Kitt Catwoman (BOTH Catwoman figs should have a Removable Mask included), & Batgirl are the ones I'm DYING to see! I hope so much they are going to WOW me with the perfect head scale & their likeness to the actors! I'm stoked for those figures the most of all the FTC announcements!
    Last edited by invisiblelad; Jun 20, '15, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• houseofdracula
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 11, 2011

Originally posted by Toycade
      I wanted the Vote For Batman figure to come with a pointing finger.
      You know what?
      That's a Fantastic idea!
      They should do different hand (glove) poses for both Batman & Robin and offer just these gloves for sale so that we (the customers) can change poses on these figures.
      As it is now, both figures can only hold things with their left hands and punch with their right hands.
      They could reverse this and also add different poses like the Batusi finger pose.
      The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
      https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

The head is significantly better. They did a far better job of shadowing along the jaw line and eyes with our exclusive. It's a really good looking figure!
        Agreed. But I really lucked out with my first Batman; the paint along the cowl is just prefect. No bleed or slop whatsoever. And no artifacts on the face either.

Can't say that about the other two Batman's that I own. Not bad, but not perfect either.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

i bought one of these ,i just hope they a vote for penguin ,so they can be displayed together

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by houseofdracula
            You know what?
            That's a Fantastic idea!
            They should do different hand (glove) poses for both Batman & Robin and offer just these gloves for sale so that we (the customers) can change poses on these figures.
            As it is now, both figures can only hold things with their left hands and punch with their right hands.
            They could reverse this and also add different poses like the Batusi finger pose.

I'll pass that on again.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by houseofdracula
              You know what?
              That's a Fantastic idea!
              agreed, I'd like to see some more variety in the gloved hands.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I didn't go through the entire thread before posting this so sorry if my question has been answered. Is there any difference in the Vote For Batman figure and the Wave 1 Batman figures? The figures themselves not the packaging.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^Not significantly, the head was a different production run with slightly-varied paint applications. That's it, plus a paper campaign poster. No opposing candidate Penguin? Phooey!

And while I'm griping, no Jockey Penguin but 5 Joker variants?! Double phooey.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    ^Not significantly, the head was a different production run with slightly-varied paint applications. That's it, plus a paper campaign poster. No opposing candidate Penguin? Phooey!

And while I'm griping, no Jockey Penguin but 5 Joker variants?! Double phooey.
                    Thanks. I had a feeling there was no real difference but wanted to double check.

Comment

• Toycade
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jul 8, 2014

It also comes with its own Gotham City Election Board card. When I agreed to have the figure made, we were supposed to get a podium, a pointing finger, and a poster. I was pretty disheartened when it got watered down to just the poster and the card to be honest. In the end, I am still very proud of how the figure looks on the shelf and I think the poster turned out great. If I had continued my partnership with FTC, I was hoping for this as our next exclusive:
                      batman.jpg

Different color scheme and with a huge cape. Also, little known fact, the Evil Superfriends were originally going to be Toycade exclusives as well. I had so many ideas. Perhaps one day I'll share a bit more...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

The red Batman would have been cool.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Interesting! Maybe that's why the Evil Super Friends Wonder Woman and Aquaman sold out; they were made in less quantities because they were supposed to be exclusives? I still need those two too.

Good stuff! Thanks for the background info.

Comment

• Toycade
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jul 8, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            Interesting! Maybe that's why the Evil Super Friends Wonder Woman and Aquaman sold out; they were made in less quantities because they were supposed to be exclusives? I still need those two too.

Good stuff! Thanks for the background info.
                            Evil Superman and Evil Batman were going to each be 2 per case. We anticipated, of course, a much higher demand for those figures. So yes, I assume FTC went forward with that plan and Robin, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman were produced in lower numbers. Also, with that wave, we were hoping to introduce a BAF concept and include pieces in each wave to create...EVIL GLEEK! We couldn't figure out how to pull that off without adding like, $15 to the cost of each figure.

Comment

• Toycade
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 8, 2014

Also, the "Kingdom Come But We Can't Call It Kingdom Come" Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. exclusives? They were originally planned for Toycade as well. We were going to have new head sculpts and were, what I had hoped, to be the first of many Kingdom Come inspired figures. I have probably already shared too much...Man, do I miss the toy business!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Also, the "Kingdom Come But We Can't Call It Kingdom Come" Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. exclusives? They were originally planned for Toycade as well. We were going to have new head sculpts and were, what I had hoped, to be the first of many Kingdom Come inspired figures. I have probably already shared too much...Man, do I miss the toy business!
                                what Kingdom Come figures?
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎