X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Brue
    Lily loves everyone at MM, but you have been someone she looks forward to seeing every year since customizing with you several years ago.
    I'm just happy she convinced you to come! I've gone enough years now that it's simply amazing to see all the kids that have now grown up with Mego Meet.

Someone mentioned you had a klller Reverse Flash costume on at one point. Hopefully we'll see pics of that posted at some point.

(and one of the all time funniest photo bombs in Kev's photo BTW!)

Originally posted by Brue

We talked about the exchange rate-
    Highway Patrolman: I do have to fine you. That will be a thousand dollars Canadian, or 10 American dollars if you prefer.
    My favourite scene from the movie!!!!!
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by darklord1967
      Thanks a ton my friend! That is so Very nice of you to say. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with you! Your words of encouragement and support were are real source of inspiration and motivation to me as I make my return to this hobby.
      PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep posting your progress!

I can't wait to see the Batmobile and Batman figures complete. Seeing the innovative leaps you are making with the hobby now is akin to seeing Flatt's customs for the first time back in the day.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
        Sam/Ed there are no words My Canadian Brother... You are truly a salt of the Earth Human Being... Your presence and personality brings a shining glow to this event and you are one of the many reasons I make it a point to make it to the meet!!! Till 16 my man!
        I can only say the same about you, and your wonderful family! Everyone is always talking about how super cool the Fiore clan is. The only proof we need is the pictures taken towards the end of the day that you posted on facebook, with you surrounded by awesome people (and people literally jumping into the photo from all directions!).

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by cjefferys
          And personally, I have to give a big shout out to rche and his wonderful son who showed up at zero hour right when the main show was closing down at 5pm. I'd felt that we'd really bonded over the last five years or so in our mutual love of Mexican action figures and it was a tremendous pleasure to finally meet you, thanks so much for making the trip (I'd almost given up at that point! ). And thanks for bringing your Ledy 12" Star Wars figures, they blew me away!
          I'm so glad to have met rche as well, and it was so great to see those Ledy's in person. I'm glad we had a chance to dine with him and his son, and that he was able to at least come and experience, and socialize in the Mego Suite.

Brian and I were just chatting in the car, and we were saying about how it speaks volumes that someone would travel that distance to catch the end-of-a-show, just to meet and hang out with you.

Also: continuing our proud tradition of fumbling around a strange city, not-quite-lost.

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

AW YEAH!
            Big fan of the Darklord!

great to meet ya.

Comment

• darklord1967
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Mego Milk
              AW YEAH!
              Big fan of the Darklord!

great to meet ya.
              The pleasure was entirely mine good buddy! :D
              I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Gabicho64
                • Feb 19, 2010

Thank you all!

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome at my first Mego Meet! For way too long I have viewed the forum but never really took part in the forum. I was excited to see that the Mego Meet would be held in Skokie this year. I live in Chicago so it was extremely convenient for me to attend. I did not know what to expect. I’m happy to report that I truly enjoyed the event, have spread the word to my friends and will definitely attend next year’s meet.

What truly struck me was the feeling of comradery and openness. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly, engaging and informative. I was afraid that not knowing anyone I would just wander the meet and quickly leave. Happily I stayed for hours and spoke to many interesting folks who all shared my passion for Mego. As someone else commented, it was great to be in a room where everybody got you and I will add - you did not have to explain why you still play with toys.

Regrettably I can’t remember names to save my life; otherwise I would mention you all by name and thank you all for being so inclusive. It was very evident that all the persons selling items were collector’s first and really cared about the quality of what they were selling and in being fair with their prices. I bought a good amount of things and held off on breaking my bank.
                Finally just a quick thank you to “Dr. Mego” and family and Plaid Stallion’s head honcho (Mr. Canada).

Looking forward to Mego Meet 2016!

Gabe

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Serious Kudos to everyone involved! Although some of this is old hat, the logistics behind moving this show from Wheeling to Skokie were more than any of us can imagine (except for those who did it). Awesome job. There isn't remotely a way that we all can repay those efforts (beyond taking on more ourselves next year). As a group, we need to do more to allow those everyone mentioned, especially STEVE MOORE, do less and play more.

And I second regretting not finding Darklord at the end of the day Saturday to see that Batmobile. To think, I was so close! Whenever you manage to complete that, I think you will be required to give a talk on the process and just to let us stare and gawk at it! Hopefully next year. (PS - Your Darth Vader voice was so much fun to listen to.)

Comment

• darklord1967
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Hulk
                    And I second regretting not finding Darklord at the end of the day Saturday to see that Batmobile. To think, I was so close! Whenever you manage to complete that, I think you will be required to give a talk on the process and just to let us stare and gawk at it! Hopefully next year. (PS - Your Darth Vader voice was so much fun to listen to.)
                    Tanks a ton, buddy! That is so nice of you to say! It is my goal to have the electronic Batmobile fully complete, up and running in time for MM 2016.
                    I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Big props to all for this awesome event. While I hesitate at saying "best ever" it may have been. So many great things came out of this move. I'll get to it in the eventual recap, when I recover!

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                        Supporter of Silliness
                        • Jun 20, 2007

Had a fun time checking out all the stuff for sale and a number of other things at MM. Wish I could have stayed longer than just a couple of hours. Tried to buy something from as many booths as possible before I had to bail around 1:00. Bummed that I missed the custom auction, but looking forward to the show coming back next year. Having MM in essentially my own back yard was a really nice treat.

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                          Banned
                          • Jun 23, 2001

I'm bummed that I missed this gentleman at the show. I guess he didn't want to distract people from the show:

I may have sold to him and didn't even know it. I've never met him. One of the people on the list to meet at the comic cons. It's the signature above Doc Megos

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Wait, what?
                            I knew he liked Megos. i know he knows Huckabone. But I too really couldn't pick him out of a crowd.
                            Was he wearing a Batman shirt?

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

He was in and out of there really fast...

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

yeah, he was a blur. He got recognized.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎