Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quake Collectibles

Images
    Blog Entries

Quake Collectibles

Austin was kind enough to take two carloads of us to the Evanston branch of a local Chicago Collectible Toys chain of stores.

quake1.jpg

quake2.jpg

quake3.jpg

quake4.jpg

quake5.jpg

Images
    Holy cow, that looks like a cool place! I especially like "the wall of cereal," something I've never seen anywhere else (although I would have been sorely tempted to abscond that box of Quisp---my fave)!
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

I've wanted to check out that branch of Quake for a whole now, sorry I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldknight47 View Post
    Holy cow, that looks like a cool place! I especially like "the wall of cereal," something I've never seen anywhere else (although I would have been sorely tempted to abscond that box of Quisp---my fave)!
    Quisp!! My favorite, too.

Images
    Even more reason to wish i could have gone to the meet. Thanks for the pics.
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Today Toyman Chris led another two-carload expedition to the main Chicago branch of Quake.

qu1.jpg

qu2.jpg

qu3.jpg

qu4.jpg

qu5.jpg

Images
    Blog Entries
    and Quake Collectibles Shaumburg... also on the Toyman Chris led field trip.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

q4.jpg

q5.jpg

Images
    Cool stores, enjoyable trips. I think the Wonder Woman in the window at the Shaumburg store may have been the highlight of that location!

About 2.5 miles northwest of The Forbidden Zone
    I've been carrying around in my wallet (for a few years now!) the business card for the Quake in Schaumburg, and still haven't made the short jaunt over to visit it. I need to correct that oversight...

Images
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, factoring in traffic/time/distance, the Shaumburg store was worth visiting just to get the feel of it... a close to two-hour round trip for next time, I might give it a miss in future Meets, although who knows what you might unearth given some time/energy given how these places are layed out and jam packed. This is your place though, if you are looking for loose, vintage Star Wars figures.

It is the downtown location which is a Must Visit for me in subsequent years. Toyman Chris' ties to the owner there led to some fantastic deals. The Evanston store is the closest, which which stopping by there easy if you pair it with dinner.

I should make sure I send some love Austin and Toyman Chris' direction for leading a pack of Mego Meet travellers around town (particularly now that we know about Chicago traffic)