X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Quake Collectibles

Austin was kind enough to take two carloads of us to the Evanston branch of a local Chicago Collectible Toys chain of stores.

quake1.jpg

quake2.jpg

quake3.jpg

quake4.jpg

quake5.jpg
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Holy cow, that looks like a cool place! I especially like "the wall of cereal," something I've never seen anywhere else (although I would have been sorely tempted to abscond that box of Quisp---my fave)!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 1, 2005

I've wanted to check out that branch of Quake for a whole now, sorry I missed it.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        Holy cow, that looks like a cool place! I especially like "the wall of cereal," something I've never seen anywhere else (although I would have been sorely tempted to abscond that box of Quisp---my fave)!
        Quisp!! My favorite, too.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

Even more reason to wish i could have gone to the meet. Thanks for the pics.
          It's all good!

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Today Toyman Chris led another two-carload expedition to the main Chicago branch of Quake.

qu1.jpg

qu2.jpg

qu3.jpg

qu4.jpg

qu5.jpg

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

and Quake Collectibles Shaumburg... also on the Toyman Chris led field trip.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

q3.jpg

q4.jpg

q5.jpg

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Cool stores, enjoyable trips. I think the Wonder Woman in the window at the Shaumburg store may have been the highlight of that location!

Comment

• SentientApe
                  Career Member
                  • May 1, 2014

I've been carrying around in my wallet (for a few years now!) the business card for the Quake in Schaumburg, and still haven't made the short jaunt over to visit it. I need to correct that oversight...

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

To be honest, factoring in traffic/time/distance, the Shaumburg store was worth visiting just to get the feel of it... a close to two-hour round trip for next time, I might give it a miss in future Meets, although who knows what you might unearth given some time/energy given how these places are layed out and jam packed. This is your place though, if you are looking for loose, vintage Star Wars figures.

It is the downtown location which is a Must Visit for me in subsequent years. Toyman Chris' ties to the owner there led to some fantastic deals. The Evanston store is the closest, which which stopping by there easy if you pair it with dinner.

I should make sure I send some love Austin and Toyman Chris' direction for leading a pack of Mego Meet travellers around town (particularly now that we know about Chicago traffic)

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

There's some more cool places to check out in the downtown/North side area of Chicago, if you guys come back here again for the next Meet we should plan to check them out. There's one store called Hollywood Mirror that sells everything from vintage toys and music to funk old clothes and decor. It's almost like a store version of Plaid Stallions, worth a visit!

Comment

• SentientApe
                        Career Member
                        • May 1, 2014

Actually, I should find out if Uncle Fun is still in business; you cannot get much more "Plaid Stallions" than that throwback to the old five-and-dime stores with every form of kitsch, and virtually endless mystery drawers filled with loose smalls.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎