Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I think you need another stand for the new Superman
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Superman does look better! I need to see FTC: JLA Wonder Woman!

Hey FTC, or TOYCADE, can you guys update the pics you are using to solicit the FTC: JLA figures with actual pictures of the Figures! I know you guys are busy, but the pics posted here by the mm members are great, but I'd love to see the finished product when possibly purchasing them. Especially the 1 I haven't seen, JLA Wonder Woman, who's prototype looked horrible costume wise (which I have learned usually looks WAY better on the production figures)! Thanks 4 any pics of JLA WW if someone posts it!

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
          Thanks again, Mechanicat!

Green Arrow doesn't wow me as much as I thought it would, but Batman looks great! Still not a fan of the 'gloves', but i love the blue trunks. The small Bat symbol doesn't bother me much either. I see what they were going for with it. I wonder how the eyes would look white?

Looks like I will be ordering these eventually. Tough month with FTC, Marvel Legends, other collectibles, etc. At least SDCC has almost nothing of interest for me this year.
          You actually get a slightly larger Bat emblem extra in the package as well.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
            I think you need another stand for the new Superman
            I think I need another thirty...

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Since figures are sold in sets of 4 who is the 4th figure with Hal G.L. , Flash and Hawkman ? I hope it's Black Canary or Martian Manhunter

Comment

• melkorjunior
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 20, 2014

Now that I know the Batman figure includes an extra normal sized bat emblem, I just ordered one, along with a Captain Marvel and a Superman.

Comment

• ScottA
                  Original Member
                  • Jun 25, 2001

I'm glad these weren't at Mego Meet. I would have bought a set.
                  sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Those pics really show off the quality. A line I thought I would pass over, I'm now considering.

Comment

• megonaught
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 29, 2008

Heres my jla Batman with a few mods.

I just dont know how to peel the bat off.
                      I want to use the bigger bat.
                      Action Jackson is his name.
                      Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• megonaught
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 29, 2008

Heres my Batman and Robin with upgrades.
                        Action Jackson is his name.
                        Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 24, 2009

I am a bit slow, but that Superman is a big improvement! The lighter blue color looks much more like 70's Superman. I like Batman too, Cool they put a different emblem in with it. I am still holding out to see if they do a new head sculpt for Batman.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

I also like the new Superman, will most likely be picking up this one too.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Got them, and am overall pleased:

Supes: Big improvement. The belt works well (could have used a sticker for the buckle, but still good) and the cape is a much better quality material. Love the fact he actually has the yellow "S" on the cape. The color is, indeed, much closer to the original Mego. Even the head seems significantly better than the original release; no warping and a much better paint job.

Batman: the chest symbol is an enigma, as it's way too small for any incarnation of the costume; the extra sticker looks much better when you slap it on. The blue trunks looks great, the cape is, again, a big improvement. The gloves are a mixed bag; I like the cuff approach, but having the seam on the outside top is inexplicable. I might chalk it up to the fringe, but Aquaman's gloves are made the same way. The original FTC version of Green Arrow has the same kind of glove cuffs, and those weren't made this way. Really takes away from something that could have looked a lot better.

Aquaman: love the green trunks. Same problem with the glove cuffs as noted above with Bats; they would have looked great if the excess material was inside the seam as one would expect. The head is still a problem; the eyebrows are almost a straight line, and angeld to make him look almost sad or scared. Every Aquaman head I've seen has been like that. He's definitely at the bottom of the heap, but still worth it for the things done a bit better.

Shazam: the Big Red Cheese is good. I know a lot of folks have said the chest emblem is too big, but that is the way it was drawn when they went with the "new look" for the Shazam family in the 70's (basically, they were drawn with more detail rather than cartoony). A lot of the covers I've seen from that era show a bolt that goes from just below the neckline almost to the belt. The cuffed boots and the lines on the armbands work nicely, and if they'd kept the yellow trim on the cape, he'd be competing with Supes for the top spot of the assortment.

Green Arrow: the solid green is off, as many have mentioned, but the lighter green parts and the painted feather look great. The one thing I think would have vastly improved both he and Batman would have been to leave the eyes pure white, as they were usually shown back then. The gloves work much better than the incorrect cuff of the original, but I'm not sure why they made them so short; they stop at the elbow, when they should go above it. Still worth getting.

Wonder Woman: the baggy bodysuit is still, well, baggy, but the details are much better, and the painted tiara is a vast improvement (never understood why they didn't shape it right in the original Mego version; Isis' headdress was much more complicated, and they had no problems with it. Just making it a straight band seemed excessively lazy on Mego's part). The lasso is a good addition, and a needle and a small piece of thread attaches it to the "belt" easily.

Not perfect, and a few needless problems, but i'm still glad I got them.

Comment

• mav-man
                                • Dec 9, 2007

Wonder Woman was a big improvement, but that's about all I have to say...body issues, loose heads, eyes are all horrible, one higher than the other, 1 big pupil, 1 little pupil,they are all the same as the other figures I have purchased. I don't know why I keep buying them, i just really want them to be better---lots better. Out of about 30 or so figures, i think i have 5 that are ok. the rest all are on the bottom shelf---where i can't see them---but yet i still buy them, OCD's are a *****!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎