X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks again, Mechanicat!

Green Arrow doesn't wow me as much as I thought it would, but Batman looks great! Still not a fan of the 'gloves', but i love the blue trunks. The small Bat symbol doesn't bother me much either. I see what they were going for with it. I wonder how the eyes would look white?

Looks like I will be ordering these eventually. Tough month with FTC, Marvel Legends, other collectibles, etc. At least SDCC has almost nothing of interest for me this year.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by Mechanicat
      Pictured with the FTC fist-fighting Shazam...
      Is it me, JLA Shazam is shorter than FF Shazam no??? does anyone have the others they could compare size with as well???

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Shazam...I'll stick with the OEM Mego one I have...why does the JLA Shazam look smaller than the Fist Fighting one, or is that just how their standing?

The Green Arrow looks really good...makes me think twice about my OEM Mego GA...hmmmmm
        Batman...the colors look great, would replace the belt with a Doc Mego one, and would replace
        the emblem, and still wished for the cowl to be properly "blacked out" but this one is a maybe....

Aquaman is a pass for me. I do however like the colors.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Anyone have pics to share of JLA Wonder Woman or Superman?

Mechanicat, I also wondered if the FTC JLA Shazam is that much shorter then the FF Shazam. (I only have the FF Shazam, GA, & Aquaman & don't have the reg./JLA FTC ones).

Also, Are the NEW FTC JLA Shazam BOOTS made of a much thinner plastic, therefore showing the red of Shazam's costume through the boots? Or is the plastic equally as thick as the FTC WGH repro boots? I wonder if Shazam's red bodysuit is "Bleeding" through into the New yellow cuffed boots or if they are now using thinner plastic?

Shazam's having the yellow trim on the cape & a Lightning bolt smaller in size (but bigger than the mego repro), would have made him a MUST BUY! But the missing yellow trim on his cape, the lighting bolt being over sized, & possible bleeding into those awesome new boots, make this a PASS, at least for now. I HOPE the NEW Shazam will have the perfect sized lightning bolt, the new yellow boots, PLASTIC molded gauntlets/Cuffs that go over the costume, & have the appropriate cape! That way I can buy x2 of those, or possibly a 3rd, to cobble together the perfect repro Shazam!

Really want to see FTC JLA Wonder Woman pics. I have an idea for all upcoming female FTC figures that show skin. I wish she had real Mego repro WW boots with white paint (white vinyl stripes?) on them instead of the silkscreened boots. Future WGH WW needs a complete new take on her costume & plastic bracelets & tiara.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm assuming the FF figures are a bit taller than standard ones because of the waist mechanism? Plus, the hero boots have heels and the Conan boots do not. Or is it just the perspective of the pic?

Regarding Green Arrow, I'm confused by the color of his leggings. GA should feature three shades of green: Light, kelly, and dark tones.

I love the new belts on Capt. Marvel and Aquaman.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 15, '15, 3:09 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 21, 2009

Would it be customary for FTC to hold my JLA order if that same order also includes things not yet released (like Krege cards?)?

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I'm assuming the FF figures are a bit taller than standard ones because of the waist mechanism? Plus, the hero boots have heels and the Conan boots do not. Or is it just the perspective of the pic?

Regarding Green Arrow, I'm confused by the color of his leggings. GA should feature three shades of green: Light, kelly, and dark tones.

I love the new belts on Capt. Marvel and Aquaman.
                I think the only GA figure that ever got the color scheme right (for the 70's Green Lantern/Green Arrow era) was the Super Powers version, with the exception of the extraneous light green strap for the quiver (something I don't recall from any book of that period). The chest, trunks, gloves and boots should be dark green, the hat and the legs kelly green, and the cowl neck, belt, quiver and feather yellow-green.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

very pleased with Shazam,I used a wil scarlet head,as his is the one I think looks most like Jackson Bostwick, and a dc direct Shazam cape from the FA figure and it came out nice the FF figures are taller and more "stretched"out then a regular figure which was one of the gripes I had with them as they didn't look right but I bought that wave for the SP card art.i think the updated suits on the Ula figures make them pop and I plan to buy more mayeb one a month as pretty soon we will be saturated with new ftc offerings.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                    Would it be customary for FTC to hold my JLA order if that same order also includes things not yet released (like Krege cards?)?

Yes, it would. They've done that with my orders. You could call them and they would probably break the order up but you'd probably have to pay more shipping.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

I just recieved my 2 Shazam figures today and one has a broken off left arm and the other one has a loose hanging right arm . These are the first new broken FTC figures I have recieved from them so I am waiting to hear back , ( probably tomorrow). The suits look really nice hope to get replacements or at least bodies

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Got my set of six...they are absolutely gorgeous in person. The Superman is probably going to be impossible to top in 8" format.
                        Classic colors, a perfect belt with belt loops, better material for the cape, and a better "S" on both the chest AND cape.

He's perfect!

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I was going to pass on these, but all the positive comments are making me consider getting them.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• invisiblelad
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            Got my set of six...they are absolutely gorgeous in person. The Superman is probably going to be impossible to top in 8" format.
                            Classic colors, a perfect belt with belt loops, better material for the cape, and a better "S" on both the chest AND cape.

He's perfect!
                            I'm definitely hoping you post some pics enyawd72! I'm dying to see them all together, & specifically pics of WW & Superman! Also, do you confirm WW dose not have the sunken in neck defect all the 1st release FTC WW, Batgirls, & Supergirls had? Also, I have bought so many FTC WGH & Batman 66 figures, & other than the TT & Penguin figures, none of the male figures have been strung lose enough for them to do the typical "ARMS straight up" Flying pose. They are all strung so tightly that they can not hold both arms straight up in the Superman Flying pose, which I'm hoping these JLA figures can, considering a few people here have mentioned QC improvements on the bodies this wave. I think FTC has nailed the costumes, -minus WW's bodysuit fit on the 1st release, which 1 miss is not bad at all considering how well almost every other characters costumes fits! I'm hoping the arms are sewn better on this JLA WW, & they achieved a tighter fit like they did on their FTC Supergirl, Batgirl, & Catwoman! Thanks 4 any consideration on posting pics! Glad you (& other here) are so happy with them! I'm waiting to see pics on these last two (Superman & WW) to decide if I'll pick up some!
                            Last edited by invisiblelad; Jun 15, '15, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                              Yes, they do that. I'm waiting on my 2nd wave Dukes figures because I ordered them at the same time as the Kresge Sivan and Mxyzptlk.

Comment

• nobody
                                banjo!
                                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                                Yes, they do that. I'm waiting on my 2nd wave Dukes figures because I ordered them at the same time as the Kresge Sivan and Mxyzptlk.
                                You will love these, Scott. The 3rd wave is good as well, just needs some body swaps on Daisy like I posted in Finished Customs.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎