• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mechanicat
    • Jun 28, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
    Thanks, Mechanicat!

Captain Marvel lookas good as I hoped.

I was iffy on Aquaman, but I love the deeper orange. I wish the gloves were longer, but they are not bad.

Now I need to see Green Arror and Batman. I guess I'd like to Superman and Wonder Woman too, but they were nit in my list to get.
    I got Batman and Arrow too, but they are at work. They are quite nice. Batman' logo is super tiny though...The bodies seem improved from earlier figures. If nobody posts a pic by the time I'm at work on Monday, I'll post one.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Guy had a set at eternal con... Had Green Arrow in my hand... There are going to be costume issues here, there was on Green Arrows printed on Gauntlets... What was that complaint on the Marvel Figures... Oh yea I remember Quality Control...

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

I got Shazam and Green Arrow tonight. Really sharp figures, dynamic and vibrant. Now I think I'll have to get the others. I will probably get just one or two at a time at most for a little while. I'm guessing Batman and Aquaman are the next best ones.
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks for the pics! Very cool figures. The production figures turned out much better looking than the prototypes. I really like them. Those bright colors really stand out. Also glad they fixed the stitching in the belt on Shazam. Those don't look to be crinkled up.

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

I also got my set the other day ,These JLA figures are very nice ,They say their limited ,but how i dont know,no number on them ,no production
            imfo at web site ,Well What ever,FTC did a fantastic job on these ,Wonder women looks good,no neck issue ,nice updated touchs to her out fit,
            although no boots just screen printed ,its nice and a lasso,which is also a nice touch ,batman -love the colors ,small emblem but the extra
            one is a little larger ,Aquaman -very nice updates on him ,again love the coloring and belt emblem with green hands.Superman-i like the
            new capes on him and Batman ,shazam again great updated look . Green arrows colors are just fantastic ,Back in 74 when mego put him out
            i was wondering why his gauntlets were not like the artwork,Well now they are,very nice,Shazam ,yet again very nice -its like a mego
            Shazam wearing the costume from the saturday morning tv show -very very cool.Thanks FTC,ill have to buy a 2nd set,their just way to cool great job.

Comment

• Mechanicat
              • Jun 28, 2014

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Like the colors for GA's bow and quiver. I really don't care for how the gloves are finished on Batman and Aquaman, and Batman looks like he got an emblem from a 6 inch figure.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Dang, those figures look really good in the pictures here. Are the belts on the Big Red Cheese and Aquaman less transparent this time? They look more solid (of course, there's not as big a contrast twixt top and trunks on Aquaman here compared to the original, but you could easily see even the red bleeding through on the first version of Shazam). I love the green trunks on Aquaman and the blue on Bats. And Arrow looks amazing with the added color variance and even the feather painted. If the belts are an improvement, I may have to cave and get these after all.

Comment

• rjm118
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Apr 25, 2012

The JLA Wonder Woman is much nicer than the original Re-Mego. Still a onesie, but a nicer one.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Shazam looks awesome!

Comment

• Mechanicat
                        • Jun 28, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        ... Are the belts on the Big Red Cheese and Aquaman less transparent this time? They look more solid (of course, there's not as big a contrast twixt top and trunks on Aquaman here compared to the original, but you could easily see even the red bleeding through on the first version of Shazam)... If the belts are an improvement, I may have to cave and get these after all.
                        Pictured with the FTC fist-fighting Shazam...

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Mechanicat
                          Batman's left gauntlet is upside down. Hopefully it's not sewn on?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

The prototype showed yellow trim on Shazam's cape. That didn't make it to the final figure I guess.

bummer.

And I noticed the reversed gauntlet too.

I did order the Green Arrow but haven't opened it yet. He looks good though.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Mechanicat
                              Pictured with the FTC fist-fighting Shazam...
                              Thanks much for the pic comparison; the belt does look better. The loss of the yellow trim on the cape is a negative, though.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions....

Comment

• rjm118
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Apr 25, 2012

After seeing how great Shazam and Green Arrow look I had to get them, to go with Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Still on the fence about Superman and Batman. Quality looks like its improving as they go along.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎