Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Scott--regarding the new Batman & Aquaman glove-cuffs: Aren't they sewn similar to vintage Green Arrow & POTA cuffs? I guess I'm OK with that.

Mav--I empathize, truly.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

really pleased with this wave got superman and arrow yesterday very nice and just ordered aquaman and batman.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Scott--regarding the new Batman & Aquaman glove-cuffs: Aren't they sewn similar to vintage Green Arrow & POTA cuffs? I guess I'm OK with that.
        Actually, you're correct. For some reason, I got it in my head that the seam was along the inside of the glove on GA (sew the seam and then turn it inside out to put the seam inside the glove), but it was indeed done the other way. Still looks very unfinished (and much bulkier along the seam than old GA), but it does indeed have a legitimate precedent.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I had mentioned earlier that I knew what FTC was going for when they did the small symbol on the JLA Batman. This is what I think they had in mind:

$_57.JPG

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Anyone have a pic of the WW figure? The rest all look pretty nice. I wasn't going to buy any of this series but now I may have to reconsider.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I had mentioned earlier that I knew what FTC was going for when they did the small symbol on the JLA Batman. This is what I think they had in mind:
              Yes, DC is usually slavishly devoted to it's style guides when it comes to licensed products. Jose Luis Garcia Lopez drew a very small bat-symbol, so that's what you get here.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

Got my Batman and Superman figures today from Toycade. Must say, I'm really pleased. A big improvement on the Superman figure.

Comment

• mirrorman
                  On Patrol
                  • Jul 18, 2011

Was looking at maybe getting GA, WW and Shazam ... maybe. These all look too good though, so broke down and ordered all six.

Toycade got my business for these on Ebay, forgot to use the cart though .. Doh!!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

Just got my final two figures (Green Arrow & Shazam) in the JLA series one run from Toycade. Really impressed with the Green Arrow figure. Bring on series two!

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                      Just got my final two figures (Green Arrow & Shazam) in the JLA series one run from Toycade. Really impressed with the Green Arrow figure. Bring on series two!
                      i thought the same thing! i looked back over the classic JLA art, and GA sometimes had shorter, and sometimes longer sleeves. I couldn't resist, and customized mine to elongate his sleeves up to his biceps. Gosh, I really love that Green Arrow. i caught the announcement of JLA GA in a 2-pack with Speedy. I like it too!

Comment

• Toycade
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 8, 2014

Let me know if you can find a better price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-Leag...-/361350009899

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                          Permanent Member
                          • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by Toycade
                          Let me know if you can find a better price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-Leag...-/361350009899
                          Great Price!!! $11 cheaper than what My Wife got it for from you guys.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

If I had not just gotten this same Green Arrow figure by itself, I probably would have gotten this 2 pack. It looks great!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 21, 2009

Got GA, Aquaman and Shazam from FTC yesterday; they look terrific, although GA's belt won't stay closed. (These are the first these figure have been available without the fist-fighting feature, correct?) With these three, FTC has remade every DC figure that Mego ever did. Everything from here on is new, and that's very cool.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                                Got GA, Aquaman and Shazam from FTC yesterday; they look terrific, although GA's belt won't stay closed. (These are the first these figure have been available without the fist-fighting feature, correct?) With these three, FTC has remade every DC figure that Mego ever did. Everything from here on is new, and that's very cool.
                                These were all released as pure Mego repros in two packs.

I used a little sticky tack (or some equivalent) to keep GA's belt closed.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎